|Chapter 15|

Hey, amazing people! I'm going to thank you, and I will never stop doing that, for every single read, comment, and vote I'm getting. They mean so much to me! :)

Dedicated to CrazyLittleBrazilian ! She's a sweetheart. ❤️

If you enjoyed reading this, please don't forget to vote, comment, or message me what you think! Your help will only make me even more motivated and encouraged to write for you guys, and for me. =)

|Chapter 15|

"Oh, um... I'm sorry. I d-didn't know. I-I was j-just taking a walk," I stuttered nervously. Slowly and as unnoticeably as possible, I inhaled and exhaled to slow down my beating heart. Justin gave me a small smile, and I couldn't help but swoon a little bit.

What?

"I was just kidding, it's okay," he spoke softly, making his way towards where I'm standing. "Besides, it's a great place to clear one's mind."

I nodded before sitting back down on the rock and facing the lake. I could hear his footsteps crushing the dried leaves on the ground, getting closer and closer, and making my heart beat faster and faster. My eyes fluttered close once again and I tried to forget Justin's presence and listen to the soothing sound of the waterfall instead. Minutes passed in silence, that's when my eyes opened and looked around.

Justin was sitting right next to me, his eyes looking right at me. It's as if he could see right through me. It's as if he could see who I really am, reading me like an open book. As if he knew and understood me. My pain, my fear, my past.

His green eyes never left mine, and that scared me to death. Their grip were so powerful that I couldn't stare any longer. I drove my attention to the lake, once again, afraid that if I stared any longer, I would give away too much.

"So, how did you find this place?" Justin asked me.

I really don't want to start a conversation with you.

Justin continued to stare at me, waiting for an answer. I took in a deep breath and replied in utter embarrassment.

"I sort of woke up in a hurry, thinking it was a school day, and when I realized it wasn't, I decided I'd walk around and maybe explore. My feet took me here."

Justin started laughing, clutching his stomach. His eyes were closed shut and the skin at the external corner of his eyes was wrinkled. His laugh was loud and lively. It blended with the tweets of the birds and every other beautiful sound this place made. His laugh was so contagious that it made me laugh along.

"Why are you laughing?" I said once I sobered up. He gasped for air before sighing and wiping away the tears that were a result of his beautiful laughter.

"Who wakes up on a Saturday morning thinking it's a school day?" he asks with a grin, obviously trying to contain his laughter. I smiled, looking at the ground and blushing furiously.

He's right, who does that?

"Blame my now broken alarm." I rolled my eyes.

"Violent everywhere, eh? Poor little alarm clock," he said in a mocking voice. I punched his arm forcefully, causing him to chuckle, shaking his head.

"One, you should really stop it with your violence. Two, that was a really weak punch, love. These babies aren't hurt one bit, they're big and stronger than ever." Justin flexed, kissing his biceps. I rolled my eyes.