1.

FIRST CHAPTER HERE WE GO

.

Harry woke on that particular morning, feeling extra tired and he didn't know why. The sound of his alarm clock rang in his hears as the bright green light of his alarm clock flashed in his face. He could feel it even with his eyes closed.

He could also feel his cat, Dusty, curled up around his feet. His little grey companion had been with him since she was just a kitten, and he loved her more than anything.

When Harry shuffled in place a little, the cat awoke, meowed, and came up to Harry's side so he could pet her.

He rolled onto his back and stretched, before rubbing his eyes and slowly letting them flutter open, looking around his bedroom as he sighed and continued to cuddle the cat. She seemed happy, so he smiled at her, but it soon disappeared when he remembered he had work.

Yet another day at the station, working on the same old case, he thought. He and his best friend, Liam, worked as police officers in the investigative division, and as partners, they'd been working on the same case for a while now, and they couldn't find any leads.

It was getting almost to the point of exhausting, and Harry knew if something didn't happen soon, then they would have to up their anti, because he was getting tired of working on the same case every single day for months on end.

So with one last rub of his sleepy eyes, he sat up and ran a hand through his long hair. He thought maybe he should cut it, as it was past his shoulders now, but then again, he liked it so he decided to leave it.

He got up, and walked into his bathroom, quickly stripping off his clothes before he went into the shower. The warm water felt heavenly on his skin, he thought, as he washed his hair and hummed a little tune as he did.

When he was done, he wrapped a towel around his hair, and one around his waist as he stepped out of the glass shower, standing in front of the mirror to examine himself for a moment.

He sighed as he towel-dried his hair and shook It out, pushing it back as he sighed. He wasn't completely insecure in his looks, in fact, he thought he was quite attractive sometimes, but there were definitely some things he would change, particularly his skin.

So he grabbed his skincare products and rubbed them into his face, cleansing and cleaning his pores, and right has he'd worked a lather of soap all over his hands, he heard his phone ringing.

"Damn it." He muttered, using his bum to open the bathroom door as he rushed into the bedroom, pushing Dusty out of the way as he used his pinky finger to unlock his phone and answer the call.

"Sorry, baby." He said to the blue-eyed animal, kissing her head lightly before he spoke. "Hello?"

"Hey, Harry!" It was Liam, his partner and best friend. "How are ya?"

"M'Well, mate." Harry mumbled, frowning as he tried to carry his phone to the bathroom without getting the foamy product on it. "You?"

He managed to place it down on the counter as he continued his facial routine.

"Yeah, yeah." Liam answered. "Hey, we've got something for the case-"

"You do?" Harry cut him off, freezing as he heard Liam laugh on the other end of the phone.

"Yeah." Liam chuckled. "Just meet me at the café, so we can talk about it before we head into the office."

"Okay." Harry answered, getting a face towel to clean himself with. "7?"

"Yep." Liam confirmed. "See you then."

"Okay, bye." Harry said one last time before hanging up the phone and turning on the tap to rinse his face.

One he was ready, he dried himself off completely and blow-dried his hair until it was the perfect combination of slightly fluffy and curly, and went back to the bedroom.

Dusty meowed when he moved her off his clothes that he had left on his chair, and got dressed in his suit, the uniform unnecessary seeing as though he wasn't going to be in the field that day.

So he pulled his clothes on, gathered his wallet and phone before heading into the lounge room.

Harry hummed the tune he had been previously singing as he entered the kitchen and picked up a banana from the fruit bowl which he ate as he rushed around the living room, gathering all the papers he would need.

He had been up late the previous night, going over files and notes and evidence, trying to find anything that would help. And maybe, he left all this things everywhere because he got too tired and just went to bed.

So the that morning he was stuck trying to get everything back in order, putting files away and stowing them in his brief case, before he was ready to go.

.

A little while later, Harry and Liam were siting in the café, both with cups of coffee in front of them as the waitress walked away, having just placed the steaming cups of goodness in front of them.

"So, how was your date?" Liam asked, and Harry blushed.

"I thought we were working on the case?" Harry asked, and Liam just laughed.

"We have all day for that." Liam brushed it off. "Tell me about the date!"

Harry shook his head, but smiled anyway as he blushed.

"It was alright." He mumbled. "Nothing special."

"What did you do?"

"Dinner and a film." Harry said, sounding a little disappointed. "He wanted to pay, but I insisted it was fine, but he paid anyway. It was nice, just not amazing, I s'pose."

"Was he decent thought?" Liam asked again. "Was he nice? What was his name, again?"

"Yeah, he was." Harry nodded. "It was Nick. He was a nice enough guy, I just didn't really feel anything. It was... like if I went on a date with you, my bro."

"Hey," Liam held his hands up in defense. "Soph and I are quite happy, thanks."

"Yeah, yeah." Harry shook his head again. "I know."

"So you're not going to see him again?" Liam asked, taking a sip from his coffee.

"Probably not." Harry admitted, also taking a drink from the cup in front of him as he kept his eyes on the table. "I mean, when i got home, it was only 10, so I started looking over the files again, so it obviously wasn't all that great." He added with a chuckle.

"You're sure." Liam asked.

"Yes." Harry nodded. "But whatever, I don't mind. I'd rather just wait for the right guy to come along, instead of forcing myself to like someone who I don't feel the 'fireworks' with."

"Such a sap, Harry." Liam said with a smile, making Harry slap his arm.

"Shut up." The younger boy mumbled, looking away as his friend chuckled again.

"Anyway," Liam paused to take another sip of coffee, before he grabbed his briefcase from the floor and pulled out a file. "So I was thinking..."

And the rest of the morning went like that, the two of them talking about what they could do to help the case progress further.

And they really needed to do something, because if not, they would both suffer the consequences.

.

.

.

I know its not much, but its the start :)

thoughts?

opinions?

please let me know what you're thinking! 

please add this to your library/reading lists and continue reading as it goes on! 

love you's x