24. No big deal... Just a knife through my heart

Tap on the photo above to see the full image.
Stiles pov:
Skipping class with Lydia and making out with her was great. Like really great. And I wanted to watch a movie with her after school but of course Allison and Scott wanted to join.

Lydia was running late because her moms car wouldn't start, so she had to drive her to work. But Allison and Scott were already here.
"Skittles?" Scott sits upside down in the recliner as I lie on the couch, Allison in the kitchen, searching the pantry.
"I guess." I respond dully, checking my phone for the millionth time.

"What about sweet tarts?" He asks.
"Yes...But not the green ones."
"Red hots?"
"Never." I scoff. Scott shifts his position , sitting upright with a sigh. Allison then speaks up and we look towards her as she stares at her phone.

"Scott and I are going to go get some popcorn from the gas station down the road." She says, grabbing her coat and Scott's keys.
"We are?" Scott stands and Allison nods.
"He only has kettle corn, remember?" She opens the door and Scott lets out an 'ohhhhh' before they leave.

So now I was alone again. I sigh, leaning forward and grabbing some headphones off of the coffee table, plugging them into my phone and slipping them on. I turn the volume up full blast, closing my eyes.

Suddenly, a set of lips crashes into mine and a small set of hands presses to my chest. Lydia was here. But something was different. Her lips moved at a faster pace and they didn't seem to dance with mine but rather move awkwardly. I open my eyes, panicking and pushing the girl off of me. I rip the headphones from my ears, panicking.

"Ashlin?" I ask, staring at the blonde girl in front of me. She smirks before crashing her lips back on mine and I hear my front door open. I push Ashlin off of me, turning to see who it is. My heart stops as I see a flash of strawberry blonde exit the house as soon as it came. I jump over the back of the couch, turning back to Ashlin for a split second.
"You're a freaking bitch." I spit before running after Lydia.

"Lydia!" I yell as she starts to get into her car and she slams the door, getting in my face.
"I TRUSTED YOU AND I THOUGHT YOU FREAKING CHANGED." She screams. I try to grab onto her put she throws my arms down.

"You don't understand-"
"I do understand actually. I'm just another girl on your twisted list! I'll always be a girl on your freaking list!"
"Just listen-"
"YOU BROKE ME." She interrupts and I can literally feel my heart stop. No. This wasn't going to happen.

I lick my lips, taking a small step back as silent tears fall from her eyes.
"Lydia-" I try but once again she interrupts me, her voice cold.
"You broke me and now I can't be fixed." She moves backwards and opens her car door.
"Screw you Stilinski." And then she drove off. Out of my life. A shaky breath leaves my throat and I run a hand through my hair.

Ashlin. Suddenly my sadness turns to anger and I rush back in my house, the blonde girl standing innocently in the middle of the room.
"YOU FREAKING BITCH!" I yell, pushing her against the wall and she screams my name.
"WHY'D YOU DO THIS TO ME!? WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TO ME!?" I shout in her face as she lets out terrified cries.

"Stiles get off of her!" Scott and Allison suddenly rush in, Scott dragging me away as I struggle against him. Allison, though she hates her, runs to Ashlins aid, making sure she's okay before telling her to leave silently.
" BITCH!"
"STILES!" Scott yells back at me, finally releasing his hold as Ashlin leaves.

"Lydia's gone. Ashlin freaking ruined everything." I growl, tears trying to fight their way to the surface as I sit on the couch.
"What do you mean." Allison sits next to me and starts to rub my back with her hand in a comforting notion.
"I hand headphones in, music turned up all the way, eyes closed. Then someone kissed me and just assumed it was Lydia but when I opened my eyes, it was Ashlin and Lydia was in the doorway. It was a mistake. I should've know because something didn't feel right but I kissed back anyway." I run a hand through my hair.

"So she thinks you cheated?" Scott asks. I shrug. "You need to talk to her Allison." I say and she nods. Now all I can do is wait.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Lydia's pov:
Tears blind my vision as I step into my empty household, immediately rushing upstairs to my bathroom.
You broke me.
I turn on the shower, scolding hot and take off my clothes before slipping in. A shuttered breath escapes my lips and sit to where the water drips down my back, knees hugged to my chest.
And I cry.
Is this okay?

Flashes of moments with Stiles cross my mind and I can't control myself.
Tears mix with the hot water and I wipe wet hair from my face. This wasn't how I had cried when I learned about my parents divorce. This was an ugly cry, exasperated noises lurching from my throat.
I like you... Like... I like you a lot.

"LYDIA?!" I hear Stiles yell from my living room. I didn't want him here. I couldn't. Why was he here?
"GET THE HELL OUT!" I scream and there's a knock on the bathroom door.
I've always liked you.

"Lydia open the door! You've been in there for two hours! You weren't answering your phone!" He yells back, the locked door handle jiggling a bit. I brush hair from my face. Two hours? I gasp, suddenly realizing how cold the water was, a pain coming from my wrist.
One of those scars is for me.

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" I scream. More pounding comes and I cover my ears with my hands as he shouts my name repeatedly. Then the door opens and I kick and fidget as he pulls the shower curtain open. He tries to grab me, the cold water still on and completely soaking him as he grips my arms.
Can we?

"LYDIA! LYDIA!" Suddenly it's Allison's voice and I open my eyes to see it wasn't Stiles, but my best friend. It was never Stiles. I had only imagined it was him and I calm down as she turns the water off, wrapping me in a towel. Tears start to fall from my eyes and a pain comes from my wrist again.

"Whats wrong with you?" Allison weeps with me. She looks down, grabbing my wrist and I notice that I had reopened one of my cuts. I didn't remember doing it yet blood still fell from the third scar.
Stiles' scar.
Allison looks me in the eyes.
"I thought you were him." I whisper and she hugs me close to her body, kissing the top of my hair.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:
Don't hate me
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe