4. Bowling is... Fun? Pt.2

Lydia's POV:
"You totally suck! You said you were a great bowler!" I laugh. Stiles had just managed to get his ball in the gutter for the fifth time. He scowls and takes his next to me, crossing his arms.

"Alright then Martin, let's see you. It's your turn." He gestures for me to take the floor and I purse my lips, standing. I grab my blue bowling ball from the rack and stand at the end of the lane. Deep breath. I raise the ball to my eye level, pull back, swing forward, and let go. I turn around, holding up my fingers for everyone to see, in a countdown.

3
2
1

The sound of the ball connecting with pins comes to ear.

"STRIKE!" I pump my fist in the air, doing a victory dance back to my seat. Scott and Allison laugh, clapping for me and I bow before taking my seat next to Stiles.

" Sure you don't need the kiddy bumpers, Stiles?" I pout in a baby voice and he lightly elbows me in the side. This is how I wanted it to be. Me and him. We weren't together but if we were, this is how I imagined it would be.

"So Scott and I were talking and he wants to go home, I want to go home. I was wondering, Lydia, if I could take your car. I'd drop him off at his house and then park the car in your drive and walk home. I'm sure Stiles wouldn't mind giving you a ride home?" Allison asks, using her best puppy dog face.

"If you guys are leaving, what's the point of us staying?" I ask. I did not want to be alone with Stiles. I'd end up acting like a stupid fool, plus I need to break my crush.

"Yeah I know but we were thinking of seeing a movie." Scott joins in.
"Then why don't we join you?" Stiles adds. I could tell he wasn't up for the role of driving me home.

But i also knew we weren't going to win. I sigh and dig into my purse, retrieving my keys and throw them to Allison. She catches them and silently thanks me. Stiles throws me a confused look.
"I'm nice. What can I say?" I shrug, untying my bowling shoes.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
"Here, hold this." Stiles hands me a large heavy object from out of the engine. We were pulled over on the side of the highway heading back home when his jeep broke down. Just my luck. The last thing I need was alone time with a guy I was trying to get over.

"What is it?" I ask,  flipping the metal back in forth in my hands.
"I don't know I'm hoping it's not important." He takes a wrench and leans deep into the front of the jeep. I let out a disbelieving laugh.

"You don't know? But you're supposed to be the dumb jock! Dumb jocks know everything about cars."

"Did you just call me a dumb jock?"
"Oh I'm sorry. Dumb jock/ man slut. Why don't we just call Scott or Allison?"
"No way! They're young love, let it be." His voice comes out muffled because of the screwdriver between his teeth. Did he just quote the Beatles?

"Then call Jackson." I throw the hunk of metal up in the air and catch it. Stiles takes the screwdriver out of his mouth. His lips move up in down as he thinks of and excuse.

"Jackson is... He's grounded!" He shoves his hands back in the engine and I roll my eyes.

"Then we walk!" I place the metal object in the passenger seat and grab my purse. He stops me before I can leave and I glare at him.

"I will never abandon this jeep." He points the screw driver at me. I sigh, pursing my lips. Stiles returns to the front of the jeep and continues fiddling with the engine.

"Isn't your dad a cop? Can't you call him?" I ask. He stops what he's doing and sighs. He mutters something under his breath before digging his phone out of his pocket.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Stiles POV:
"We can't just leave her on the side of the road!" I yell at my dad. I absolutely refused to leave my jeep on the highway. That would be the equivalent to sinning.

"We'll get..." He hesitates "her, towed tomorrow. Now be polite and introduce me to your friend." He points to Lydia who stands a few feet behind me. I bite my bottom lip and bring her forward.

"Dad this is Lydia Martin. Martin, this is Sheriff Stilinski." I say and they shake hands and we all walk back to my dad's squad car.

"Lydia Martin... Isn't she the girl that you-"
"HERE LET ME GET THAT FOR YOU." I cut my dad off, opening the back door for Lydia.

She thanks me and slides in as my dad gets behind the wheel. I sit next to her and we take off down the road.
Truth be told, when I was in the fourth grade with Lydia, I had a crush on her. I would talk about her all the time to my dad and every now and then he would tease me about it. Including right now before I interrupted him.
But that was over.
She has a crush on me and I don't. End of story.

My dad asks where Lydia lives and she replies her with address. The ride was short and silent, Lydia checking her phone every few minutes until we finally pull into her driveway. Dad gets out and opens the door and I slide out with Lydia, telling him I'll walk her to the front door.

"Nice house." I say, pointing up to the two stories.
"Thanks." Her voice is silent and I shove my hands in my pockets. We stop outside the front door on the wooden porch.
"I could give you a ride to school in the morning, since your jeep is broken down."
She says and I suck in a breath of air.
"You'd have to give Scott a ride too..." I say.

"The forecast calls for ran tomorrow..."
I rub the back of my neck. "Yeah alright, give me your cell so I can text you mine and Scott's address." She stares at me.

I hold out my hand and make a "give me" motion. She snaps our of her daze, fumbling for her phone before placing it in my hand. I put my number in her contacts before handing her back the phone. She smiles and I point to my dad, gesturing that I should probably go. We exchange awkward scoffs of air before I start towards the car.

But then I turn around. "Hey Martin!" I call out and Lydia looks in my direction. "You should dress like that more often... You look nice." She smiles before continuing to unlock her door. I turn back to see my dad grinning like a fool.
"She turned out nice."
I roll my eyes. "It was the fourth grade!"

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:
Do you love how he calls her Martin? I think it's so adorable😋 How do you like it all so far? Yeah? Yeah?
My mom said that we could watch any movie I wanted tonight so I'm forcing her to watch the whole Teen Wolf season one.
I can't stop listening to The Start Of Time on repeat! I couldn't help but listen to it while writing this and I had to control myself because the song made me want to write a Stydia scene. But they aren't in love yet so I couldn't😥
Note to self: don't listen to the Stydia "theme song" whilst writing a scene where they aren't in love.
I realized that my chapters are only 9-10 pages long and after this one I will try to write them longer😁
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe