The Picnic

Dipper took another bite of his pizza, scribbling away in the huge, ancient book that he had found back when we were kids. I stared at the picnic blanket, feeling the sun heat up my long, blond hair.
He rambled on and on about Bill, what his weaknesses were, all the previous times he'd fought him, why you should never make a deal with him. Everything would've seemed normal if Dipper hadn't been making a point of not looking at me. I cut him off in the middle of talking about something he called the Bill Cipher Wheel to say, "We should really talk about what Bill said last night."
Dipper almost choked on his Pitt Cola. He cleared his throat and blushed. "Um...yeah. What he said about his...uh, plans and-"
"Oh, don't give me that crap, Dip. The stuff about...well, you know, you and me."
_______________
I looked at Pacifica fearfully, expecting her usual smirk. I waited for her to write me off, to diss me. That's when I remembered what Bill had said. "Ohhh, and you feel the same way! That is hilarious!" Pacifica's stunning sky-colored eyes stared at me with more softness in them than I'd ever seen. "It's okay, Dipper." She half-whispered.
"Really, it is."
I tried to stammer out something to keep this conversation going, but all the things that came to mind were a million kinds of stupid, like you're gorgeous or I really like you or some other ridiculously pathetic and obvious thing.
I stopped trying when Pacifica leaned in and kissed me.