A Birthday

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIPPER AND MABEL!!!!" Our parents chorused as we woke up. Despite being excited to be fifteen, I was tired. It was only 6 am after all. I groaned, then rolled over to reach for my hat. After three years, I couldn't believe it still fit.
I ruffled my brown hair and looked at Mabel. She smiled at me with all of her (recently braces-free) teeth. "Okay, guys, listen up!" My dad said cheerily. "We have lots of things going on, but first it's time for your MAIN PRESENT!" Mabel and I both sighed. Obviously we love Mom and Dad, but neither of us can stand Main Presents. They're always something we have to share, and they're always really lame. On our tenth birthday, it was a shared cell phone. A shared cell phone! Who shares a phone?!
"We thought, since you're fifteen now, you guys are old enough to have separate main presents." My mom said. She was the only one in the family with blond hair. It swept over her shoulders and sharply contrasted with her bright emerald eyes. Mabel and I were lucky enough to have these green eyes, but we got our dad's chocolate hair. It's about the color of-coincidentally-pine bark.
She told me to close my eyes and stick out one hand. I did so, and something small, light, and papery was placed in my hand. It was a plane ticket. I opened my eyes to read it. DESTINATION: GRAVITY FALLS, OREGON.
I barely even heard Mabel's shrill squeal as a kitten was placed on her bed. I was too happy. This was the best present ever. And there was a person in Gravity Falls I'd been wanting to see.

~~~~~~~~~~~
The last day of school passed by in a blur. Mabel told all her friends about her new kitten, and when she showed them a picture, they all cooed and awwed the way girls do. At lunch Mabel and I wandered the cafeteria giving out birthday cookies. All the guys flirted with Mabel and teased me. Making friends didn't come so easy to me. I was glad Mabel was seen as cool. If we were both nerds our parents would have signed us up for *shudder* summer camp.
Finally we were on the bus. I pulled out my phone and sent a text.
Pacifica
Me: Hey
Pacifica: Hey Dip what's up
Me: Guess who's coming to visit?
Pacifica: Oh my god! It's been forever! :)
Me: Right?? :)
Pacifica: See you soon!
Me: Yup

I got off my bus and smiled. I had to start to pack.