Chapter 2

I groaned as I gained consciousness. Something felt strange, like there was something wrong with my body. I peered around. I was no longer in the station. Instead, I was lying on a steel table in a dark metallic room with large, red tinted windows.

But the biggest change wasn't the location. I gasped as I looked at my hand, which was now snow white with black, swirly designs on it. Shaking, I got up from the table and stumbled over to a metal panel and stared at my reflection.

I had the same white skin with the black designs all over my body, and my eyes were blood red. I wore a beautiful, intricate black and silver dress with metal plates on my shoulders and head. The only thing that didn't change was my silver hair, but this new hair was natural, not dyed.

"Welcome, Meyneth," said a voice behind me. I spun around to see a normal looking person. "You must be wondering why you are here."

"Who are you?" I demanded. "Who's Meyneth? Why do I look this way? Where am-"

He silenced me with a raised hand. "You are Meyneth, my dear. And I am Alvis."

"Alvis?" Alvis was the name of the station's computer. "That's not possible!"

"See for yourself." He gestured to one of the red windows.

I ran over to it, straining to see what was outside. It was a seemingly endless ocean with a great titan, which appeared very organic since it was mainly green and brown in color. It stood ankle deep in the water. I looked down, my eyes widening as I realized I was in the head of a second titan, this one gray and mechanical.

"You and Zanza created this universe, and have been incarnated as its gods. He controls the Bionis-" He pointed to the natural titan. "- while you control Mechonis, which is where we are now. It is your duty to create life in your own image and watch over them, as a god."

I was speechless. A god?

Alvis began walking towards a door in the back of the room. "Now if you will excuse me, I have business to attend to." And he was gone.

"Alvis! Wait! I still have unanswered questions!" I chased after him. After a while, I gave up. It was no use.

I guess Zanza is Klaus... I thought. I might as well do as Alvis says, create life in my own image and watch over them. A tear ran down my cheek as I thought about what my new life as a god would be like. I won't be able to see my friends and family anymore. Or London.

Despite my fears and sorrows, I concentrated hard on what the life I created would be like. Since the Mechonis was mechanical, I decided to create machine people. And I called them the Machina.