Chapter 6

"One of the Face Units brought back a Homs earlier this week, and you'll be happy to hear she's close to the heir of the Monado," Vanea explained. We were walking down one of the narrow passageways in the Central Factory, where all Mechon were made. "I will place you inside of her."

"Good job," I nodded in approval. "Where is the new Mechon?"

"I went for an elegant but powerful design," Vanea described as she typed various words and numbers into a control panel, opening one of the hangars before us. The doors opened to reveal a beautiful silver and red Mechon. "Face Nemesis is equipped with duel swords and lasers. It was built for incredible attack power and superior defense."

"Where is the host?" I approached the Mechon, inspecting it. All of a sudden, its stomach opened up to reveal a Homs around the age of 18. She had short, dirty blonde hair and... "She has a Mechon body."

"Yes," Vanea came up behind me. "When she arrived at Mechonis, there was a gaping wound in her stomach. I was forced to give her a new body if she was to survive." She handed me a metal, triangular object. "Your soul will reside here while you control Nemesis. Are you ready, Lady Meyneth?"

"I suppose so," Taking a deep breath, I allowed my soul to enter the object. A few minutes passed before I awoke in the girl's body.

"How do you feel?" Vanea asked.

"I am fine," I replied. Memories flashed in the back of my mind that I never knew were there before: A boy that looked similar to Zanza, a member of the Homs Defense Force, a quaint Homs colony. "I can see her memories."

My friend nodded. "Come. I must introduce you to the new Egil. And I will make sure he never knows that it is you."

----------------------------------------------

"This is the new Face unit," Vanea said once we were there.

"It's much smaller than the rest," Egil stepped out from behind the largest Mechon I had ever seen. It had a face and was gold in color. This must be Yaldabaoth.

"Yes, but it is just as powerful, if not more powerful, than the others," She hesitated a bit like she was gong to say something else, but she stopped.

"Mumkhar!" Egil called. Another Faced Mechon, this one black and dark gray, appeared. "You," Egil said, gesturing towards us, "are to go to Prison Island in Eryth Sea. We received some news earlier from several Mechon M36/SACRE scouts that the heir to the Monado is headed there as we speak. He must be stopped before..." He shook his head. "...before he releases Zanza."

My heart began to race. Zanza! I must stop this child before it is too late. But I must not bring any harm to him.

Mumkhar, or Metal Face, as I later learned, stepped forward. "We will head out right away. Come on! We are not getting any younger here." And then he preceded to leave without pausing for me.

Swallowing a lump in my throat, I took one last look at Vanea, then flew out of a nearby window, heading towards Bionis.