Chapter 6

When Lucas found their hideout, he walked inside, "Ember, M, I'm so glad you're okay!" He gave us a huge hug.

"Alright wolf boy we have to tell them," Hunter said, stiffly.

"He has a name," Maya snapped.

"Ooh so you want us to call him loverboy?" Ashton asked, "Because he just loves you so much."

"Ashton shut up or I'll beat your ass." I told him.

"Not the best idea, December, as I'm sure he's told you, you are really weak right now and he has had hundreds of years to strengthen," Lucas advised.

Ashton smirked at me, enjoying his "fierce" victory. I snarled at him, having quite enough of his sass.

"Well we need to start but we need to get Randy to help explain," Hunter told us all.

"So many new people!" I exclaimed.

"I'll start explaining, you go get her," Ashton ordered Hunter.

Hunter nodded sternly and walked out, making sure to relock the door.

"Okay. M, Ember, you may want to sit down for this..." Lucas tried.

Maya and I sat down in the chairs by the metal table in the room. We looked the two boys over, curiously.

"Where do we start?" Ashton asked, seeming a bit more calm.

"I got this one, buddy, I've known them a bit longer I should be able to tell them," Lucas answered.

"Never call me 'buddy' again," Ashton's fists clenched.

"Alright, alright," Lucas raised his hands in surrender, "December Knight, and Maya Kay. Quite frankly I'm not sure how coincidental it is that you two met. Or how you're best friends, for that matter. When you were born, some prophecy had started to come to life. Randeria can probably go more in depth with that. You two were supposedly the ones that were going to help the council collect the rogue vampires, and any werewolf in vampire premises. Also you were told to have more power than any one vampire could possess, and help the council create a vampire army to start a war with werewolves."

"The thing is," Ashton butted in, "If they start this war, Earth itself could be destroyed in the act. After the war is started not only will it be vampires and werewolves, but it'll be any known 'fairytale' creature. None of which do we want to mess with, even if it's fairies."

"Where does turning us come into the picture?" I inquired.

"Because they needed you human," A voice answered from behind us, making us turn around, "Your powers are only known to be one thing: vampire hunters. Adding vampire blood to the mix dims them out just a small amount. They also don't want you to overpower them as vampires. If you girls remained human, they would still maintain enough authority over you to control you. Now they don't have that ability. Hello Maya, December, I'm Randeria Nightfur Storm, but call me Randy."

She walked to Ashton's side, eying us with suspicion. An awkward, tense, and dreading silence hit the room

"Hello," Maya broke the silence, "I'm Maya, which you already obviously know," She coughed, "Stalker," she mumbled, and coughed once again, "And I've heard you can tell us what the hell is going on!" She smiled sweetly, sounding sarcastically excited.

Randy slammed her fist on the table, a bit frustrated. She took a deep breath and remained calm, "Yes. I can tell you what 'the hell' is going on. You'll have to be patient enough to hear it, Ms. Kay."

"In other words, cut the sarcasm crap or she'll beat you both," Ashton translated.

"That's not at all what I meant," Randy snapped. She cleared her throat, ready to speak to us, "Alright. Well. A few thousand years ago, there was a vampire dictator. James IV was a part of a long line of writers. He started to write prophecies that became true. He needed everything in its place. He had a wife, a son, and a daughter. One day, after searching through his ancestors' prophecies, this dictator found one with his name on it. His great great great grandfather wrote 'and James of the fourth generation will be the one to start this battle....' He knew he had this longing his entire life. He did his research. Two girls, exactly like you, were needed for the cause, like present day. His plan actually worked. Many rogue vampires were acquired and many fugitive werewolves were imprisoned. The war was going to begin. And it did. Those two girls, under control of James, had their power manipulated to do terrible things. However, the two fought back. They finally poisoned the dictator in the end. Before he died, one more prophecy was written. 'History will always repeat itself. Hundreds of years later, a descendant of I, shall find the descendants of Isabella and Aleece and start this where it has begun.'"

"We needed to change you before they could get you in the oblivious state. You both needed to know what was coming before it was too late," Hunter said, waiting for our reactions.

"So we're descendants of Isabella and Aleece?" Maya asked

"Yeah, and Randeria, I'm glad you came. I probably couldn't have explained all of that as well," Lucas complimented.

"Why thank you Lucas," Randy replied.

"Wait, you're not a vampire, are you?" I questioned.

She shook her head, "I'm a demon. How could you tell I wasn't?"

"Because you can tolerate being around Lucas," I answered simply.

"Right, speaking of. Randeria, would it be a good idea to send the girls to Lucas' house for protection, since the council wouldn't be allowed to enter the area?" Ashton inquired.

"What if his family finds out they broke the law?" Randy asked.

"Told you..." Maya mumbled. Ashton glared at her.

"It's actually not a bad idea, Randy, my family will understand why they're there," Lucas commented.

"True, I've met the Thompson family, they're pretty peaceful..." Randy answered.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, making all of us jump in alarm.

"Who invited who?" Hunter whispered.

"I don't know... I don't think anyone did..." Lucas whispered back.

The knock came again - only louder.

"December, Maya, hide behind that table..." Randy whispered, pushing us away from the door.

We ducked behind the table silently, and heard the click of someone unlocking the door.

"Oh hello," Randy's voice sounded calm.

"You wouldn't have seen two human girls around here, would you? Names Maya and December," A deep voice interrogated.

"Can't say we ha-" Randy was cut off by her own light scream.

I wish we could see what was happening...

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Ashton yelled.

"I don't believe you guys.... And why is this werewolf on vampire premises?" The voice answered.

"We invited him, and we didn't sign this room to vampire law. Thank you for your tim-" Hunter was cut off by a thump, and under the table I saw him hit the ground.

Whoever this was, the odds weren't in favor of us.