~Chapter 1~

"Riley, sweetie" my mom said as she walked into my room. I knew what she was doing, trying to get me out of bed.

"No!" I said pulling one of my pillows on top of my head.

"Riley, get up. Demi is here" she told me. I peeked out to see my mom standing in my door way with Demi standing behind her.

"Tell her I said "Fuck Off" I told her. I soon heard my mom sigh and then footsteps

"Demi!" my mother shouted. "You young lady, I do not like the tone of voice you are using and that language is unacceptable. Up Now." She said sternly at me.

"Not while she is here" I spat back

"Don't make me get your father" she said threatening me. She always did this, but never did end up getting dad.

"What's going on?" Maddie said walking out of her room.

"Nothing sweetie. Demi's downstairs" mom told Maddie sweetly while Maddie squealed and the mention of Demi's name.

"I warned you Riley! I'm getting your father. EDDIE!" Mom said yelling dad's name at the end. I soon heard footsteps coming up the steps and then saw my father appear in my doorway behind mom.

"Yes" he said to my mother.

"She won't get up and she said some rude things to Demi." My mom told him earning a disapproving look from my father.

"Riley. Up now and downstairs in 5, your consequences will be worse if you don't" dad said sternly, then walked away with mom by his side.

I got up shutting and locking my door before I went to my closet to grab a pair of skinny jeans and my BMTH hoodie, then quickly slipped a pair of socks on because I hate the feeling of cold wood flooring in the morning. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and fixed my hair before I felt I was somewhat acceptable to be seen by my family.

"Riley, kitchen. Lunch is ready." I heard mom say. I internally groaned before I made my way into the kitchen.

"Coming" I said and walked to the kitchen to see everyone sitting around the table. I made myself a plate and went and sat down at the only empty seat, which happened to be sitting next to Demi.

"Is that all?" Maddie asked me looking at my plate.

"Y-yeah. I'm not that hungry. I never am when I first get up" I said calmly and took a bite of the small amount of spaghetti I made myself.

"Okay" she said then went back to talking about whatever it was she was talking about before.

I soon finished eating and excused myself from the table, rinsing my dish and putting it in the dishwasher.

"Riley wait, we need to talk" my dad said. I didn't bother responding so I just turned around and plopped back down in the chair I was previously sitting in.

"Maddie, Dallas y'all can go" my mother told them sweetly.

"What about Demi? Can't she go too?" I said bluntly.

"No. She is a part of this" mom said.

"Now, Riley because of your behavior earlier you need to apologize to Demi for what you said and for the duration of Demi's stay y'all will spend it together." Dad said earning a groan of disgust from me and a glare from Demi.

"Y'all may go now" my mother said shooing me and Demi out of the kitchen.

~~~

"Let's all have a movie night together?" Maddie suggested. I wasn't up for a movie. I really just wanted to be alone in my room.

"Nope. I'm good" I told her then got up and started heading towards my room.

"I think it's a great idea. Riley go sit back down next to Demi. Maddie go pick out a movie" my mother's voice said ringing throughout the living room.

I knew there was no since in arguing so I plopped down on the couch next to Demi and moved as far away from her as I could.

~~~

We are about halfway through the movie when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I looked up from the TV screen and saw it was Demi.

"What" I whispered.

"Can we talk please?" She asked hopeful, but she looked a little scared to ask me. I don't blame her I'm not the most pleasant person to be around.

"Sure" I said getting up and following her to her bedroom.

"What's wrong Riley?" Demi asked me sitting done on her bed in front of me. She's acting like she cares, why would she though? I'm not Maddie.

"Nothing" I said bluntly staring at the wall behind her. That was a lie, what isn't wrong with me? I'm not perfect like her, Maddie or Dallas.

"Come on Riley. Please" she said practically begging.

"I said I'm fine Dem's, just missed you is all. Let's just cuddle and go to sleep yeah?" I said giving her my most convincing fake smile I could, giggling at the end because I actually asked to sleep with Demi. I haven't done that since I was about 10. And that didn't go well she yelled at me and I never asked again.

"Sure Ri. Go get changed and come back here" she told me with a huge smile on her face.

I came back to Demi's room to see her on the phone laughing and smiling.

"Ooo who is it? Does Demi have a boyfriend?" I said wiggling my eyebrows. Which earned a glare and laugh from Demi.

Demi soon hung up and wrapped her arms around my waist and softly sang Nightingale till I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this is my first Demi fanfic I hope y'all enjoy.

Who do you think Demi was on the phone with?

Rowan Blanchard as Riley, pic above. And no I did not do this on purpose I had the story idea and names picked out beforehand then chose characters. This is just a coincidence.

Don't forget (no pun intended)

Vote

&

Comment

💜