44. One Day (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

"Ok." Daniel nodded.

"Now if you call them before you count to one hundred... I'll come back and shoot you." He said.

Daniel nodded. "But... how will you know?"

Lucifer was unamused. "I'll shoot if you now, if you ask any stupid questions..." He pointed the gun toward Daniel.

Daniel squeaked at the gun before him, nodding hastily. "I'll count to 200! Swear on my uncle! And he's still aliveee..."

"Good."

Lucifer got in the car next to you and started the engine, leaving Daniel on the ground, pleading for life. "Fasten your seatbelt please."

You did as told without a word, and Lucifer drove off.

Daniel whimpered. "One Mississippi... Two Mississippi..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You two sat there... in an awkward silence. It was just so unbelievable that you're now in the car of someone who just shot your friend... AND YOU TRUSTED THEM.

You sat on the right, grumpily looking away from him and crossing your arms, while he just kinda stayed there, glancing at you a few times.

After a while... Lucifer sighed and finally spoke. "By the way, I didn't want to shoot him."

"Then why did you?!?!" You yelled. "Those who don't want to shoot... Don't shoot!!"

"That bullet's going to make him the hero of this city."

You laughed, unamused. "You're crazy!! Your insane!! You just shoot at anyone!! That's just not normal! That's not normal by any definition!!"

Lucifer sighed. "I know what I'm doing."

"Please stop the car!" You pleaded. "I want to go home... away from you."

He looked at you and smiled. "Relax Y/n... just calm down."

"Maybe I was safe with them..." You whispered.

Lucifer's ears perked up at this. "What did you just say?... And your scared to be with me?" He yelled unbelievably.

"I should never have trusted you..."

"...really?" Lucifer sighed. "Fine."

He drove around the corner and into a parking lot, getting out of the car and slamming the door shut. Your eyes widened. You pulled the door open and got out, following him.

"Wait! Stop! You can't just leave me here like this and go! Answer me! Why did you shoot Daniel if you didn't need me?!"

Lucifer ignored you and swiftly grabbed the keys from behind a man's pocket, unlocking the door to a Honda he could easily steal.

"And why are you stealing that car?! Why did you steal this one if you didn't need it?!?! And you say you're not crazy!!" You yelled.

Lucifer groaned and turned to you. "What do you want?!?! You have a problem if I'm with you!! Now I'm going away, and you still have a problem!!"

You looked down.

He sighed. "Look, I'm really sorry we have to be together, but it's only to ensure you stay alive! If I'm not with you, your dead! Do you understand that? Dead!"

You looked back up at him, before looking away again.

He took a step back. "And maybe you'll find this strange, but I have other things to do apart from saving your life! And their quite important!"