Typical Tripping-in-a-Forrest-by-a-tree-root-while-running-from-psychos moment

"If you fall, I'll be there."
-Floor

Chapter 16

Tic Tic Tic

The endless ticking echoed throughout the room, annoying the hell out of me as I stared at the ceiling.

I groaned. Turning my body towards the blasted thing.

5:46 a.m.

The red lighted digits flashed through the darkness of the room.

Why am I even awake?

"No point in staying in bed when your not even gonna fall asleep." I thought wistfully. "Maybe I should go for a walk."

With that I headed to the bathroom and after washing my face, brushing my teeth and doing my other necessities. I changed into a pair of black high-waisted shorts and tucked in a polka-dotted white button up shirt. Slipping on my black Keds, I trudged down the stairs, my body a tad bit tired from the lack of sleep I've been receiving lately.

I passed by my boring ol' kitchen and grabbed an apple.  Just like the one Snow White had before she 'died'.

While biting into the perfectly sweet apple, I opened the front door and stepped out. The cool early morning air making the hairs on my arms prick up and goosebumps to appear.

Not paying much attention to the cold anymore, I decided a little walk through the woods wasn't that bad.

The Forrest looked more mysterious during the earlier hours of the day than at any other time as the whole place was covered in a light mystifying  shadow. With the sun peeping out a bit from the horizon, it painted the heavens a mixture of pastel colours that can take even the most powerful man's breath away. The dew on the grass and leaves gleamed like little sparkling diamonds.

I walked on, hearing the crunching of the fallen leaves as I step on them.

A rustling sound catches my attention and I slowly turn around to face the source of the sound. Squinting my eyes through the dim light the rising sun, I could make out two dark silhouettes. Two tall dark silhouettes.

Definitely not wolves who came to eat me... Again.

Maybe its aliens that come in peace and are here to bake cookies and cupcakes with me.

'Yeah cuz that sound sooo
reasonable.' My oh-so-helpful conscience replied sarcastically.

Then I did the most stupid thing known to man. "Hello?? Who's there??"

'Are you trying to get us killed?! What is wrong with you?? It's not like a murderer would tell you: "Hey there, I'm a murderer and I'm gonna kill you in awhile." No! Okay?? It's not like that!!' My consciousness ranted

The two silhouettes, who's attention I've caught as they noticed me, turned and started advancing on me.

This time I was smarter and did the most reasonable thing. I ran.

I ran like the devil was on my heels ready to drag me down (😉😉)  to hell. The fear and adrenaline coursing through my veins pumped my legs to go faster. Twigs snagged at my hair and scratched my arms as rocks cut my legs. Leaves crunched under my feet as I  ran for my life.