♥00♥ Three years later...

Dear Ranfa,

3 years has went by without a stop. I have forgotten how many unsent letters I have written for you since the day you were gone. The only way Ore-sama can sleep is when I remember the wonderful days we shared when we were in middle school. There are many things I want to tell you, you have no idea...

How are you?

Where are you?

Are you safe?

Why are you gone?

When will you come back? 

Aside from Jirou, Oshitari and the others have been telling me to stop looking for you. What are they thinking? Do they have any idea how angry you will be if I give up on you now? Knowing you, you will hit me and tell me 'Why the hell are you giving up?! You shouldn't give up until the very end!'. 

They think I am hurting myself because I won't accept reality. I won't accept the reality that you're never coming back unless I see the real you one last time; until certainty tells me you are never coming back to me, I won't give up hope. You have never given hope on me, I shouldn't give up on you. I promised you that I will make you happy and I will stick to it. 

Wouldn't it be great if I see you tomorrow in school? 

It's 00:00 right now, today is your 17th birthday. What would your birthday wish for this year be? My birthday wish has been the same, do you want to know what it is? 

"To see you again..." 18 year old Atobe looked out the window of his room, wondering just where Ranfa was. There hasn't been any news about her but his eyes remained strong without any signs of wavering feelings. 

He used his smartphone to call Ranfa's number again...

--Hello, this is Ranfa! I am not available to take your call right now because I am busy. Leave a message behind after the beep and I will try and get back to you! See you later!-- 

Atobe smiled just from listening to her voicemail. He has been paying for her phone bill for the sake of keeping the precious voicemail whenever he calls her number; he wanted to hear her 'See you later!' at the end of her voicemail so it would feel as if he will really be able to see her later. 

"Happy Birthday, Ranfa..." With that, he ended the call as well as the unsent letter to Ranfa. 

He looked at the falling rain from the window, he looked at the way his eyes looked as trickle of water travelled down along the pane of the glass...

"Yuushi, it's Ranfa's birthday right now..." Even as an 18 year old, Mukahi Gakuto continued to run away to the Oshitari household whenever he had a fight with his Dad; old habits tend to die hard...

Gakuto can see Oshitari's back from the futon he was sleeping on. Despite not seeing Oshitari's face, Gakuto can tell Oshitari was wide awake. 

"3 years has passed and she is still missing. I miss her, Yuushi..." Gakuto clutched the covers close to his heart, holding back the tears. 

"You can't miss someone else's girlfriend, Gakuto..." Oshitari reprimanded with his usual tone of voice, "I can see where you are coming from though..." The blue haired male wouldn't show his silent tears to anyone, not even to his Doubles partner. 

"I wish we can relive those wonderful days again..." Gakuto cried against his forearm, remembering Ranfa on what was supposed to be a special day for her.