Chapter 47- First Rune.

The four set off towards the dark "town" looking place in Edom.

"It will take ages to get there," Raphael says looking pale. "Time is faster here, you will need runes. And Malachi and I need triple the blood."

"What's a ru-" but Percy stops.

"Aren't you a-?"

"Percy, you know how you're a Shadowhunter too?" Jazmyn says.

"Yeah?" He frowns a little.

"We use these," Jazmyn shows her stele to him. "A stele, to draw these on," Jazmyn draws an awake rune on her arm. "A rune."

Percy nodded, "erm... Why does it steam when it touches your skin...?"

Malachi smiled, the grin a little too big, "wanna find out?"

"I don't think I want to..."

"Percy," Jazmyn says holding her hand out. "You have to. You wont survive a few minutes here without a rune. Pass me your arm. It only hurts the first few times."

"Come on! You've been hurt worse than a little burn..." Raphael says, "I mean, you are the Percy Jackson."

Percy sighed and held his arm to Jazmyn who took it and slowly pressed the tip of her dark blue glowing stele to Percy's arm as he grinted his teeth, "gods!"

"We have to draw a few on," Jazmyn finished the rune and started another. "You good?"

"Yeah," Percy says. "Only hurts a little now." But then he fainted.