Chapter 23- Old Lovers Fight.

"What the Hades is wrong with you?!" I snarl at Matt, a dagger in his hand. "Trying to kill my brother."

"He is a blood sucking creature!" Matt swings the dagger around angrily.

"Be grateful he didn't kill you," I snap at him, the others were behind me but I told them not to do anything. "Why did you try killing him?" I ask again.

"Camille..." He mumbles. "She said if I do, that I can have an immortal life."

"You low-lif-" but I didn't finished. Vampires surround us, Chris, Malachi, Tom and Raphael were around us in second, fangs bared at the other vampires. Simon had his sword out and Jazmyn had her whip. My bow and arrows on my back. And Thalia's bow ready.

"I have my own clan that I will rule someday," Matt grins. "But... I can't do that until I kill him," he points to Malachi whose hood was still up but under I saw his eyes go gold and his pure white fangs sparkled.

"You won't win," I say to him. "Do you know how much power we have?"

"Just some stupid Shadowhunters, a few dumb vampires and a bitch of a goddess." One vampire said and I noticed who it was. Camille.

"You." I snarl at her but when I try to get to her, Matt held his dagger to my neck. I laugh, "dumb." I grab the dagger and break it in half with my goddess strength. "Oops. Sorry."

"What happened to us?" Matt asks me.

"What happened?" I point to his chest. "What. Happened? I can't date a shadowhunter. And I would NEVER date a little bastard that tried killing my twin." I grab my dagger from my boot and point it under his chin, at the soft spot. "I used to love you." I say to him as his head tilts up as I dig the dagger into the soft spot of his chin, "but that changed. Now, how would you like to die?"

All around us, vampires battled my friends. "You wouldn't kill me," he says with a smirk.

"I would." I dig it in more and he winced as blood poured from the cut. "But, I like to torture before I kill, you should know that." He did because he looks scared now, I dug it in more and pulled it out, blood was running down my arm and his chin.

"You wouldn't," he wipes his chin with the back of his hand.

"Just because I used to love you and known you for years?" I laugh and shake my head, "that all changed when I found out you would kill Malachi."

"No," he says and I squint at him. "I have vampire blood in me."

"So, either way, Taylah," Camille comes next to him. "You can't stop him from becoming a vampire."

"No?" I smile at Artemis who is next to Thalia and she nods. "But I can do this, Malachi hide!" I go up in yellow and I hear screams of vampires. When I go back to to normal, Malachi is smiling and only my friends and Matt are here.

"He should've burnt!" Matt throws a different dagger but Artemis let an arrow fly and it it the dagger, making it fall on the spot. Onto Matt's foot.

"You see," Malachi says. "All of us vampires were meant to."

"That's not possible..." Matt shakes his head.

"Too bad you don't know much about vampires," I say. "Since you're considering to become one." I use my telekinesis to fly him across the road. He stands up and walks over, limping. His foot is twisted at an odd angel and I know it's broken. "Ever heard of Daylighters?"

"No," he squints and is now only a few inches from my face.

"Vampires that walk during the day, they can enjoy the sun," I tell him looking over at Raphael.

"That's not possible," he says.

"Then how are they still here?" I ask him, "the other vampires burnt. Not Camille though."

"Because she is smart."

"Hmm," I laugh, "she was smart."

"Was?" Matt asks.

"Well, I'm going to kill her, obviously. And then, I'm going to turn you and make you walk into the sun. And if you don't, I will turn into the sun myself. Got it?" It is hard to be this close so I step back from him, he isn't the guy I used to know. He isn't the boy I used to love. He isn't the boy I grew up with. He was a monster. And soon, he will be the monster and then... He will be the dead monster.

"Not without a fight," he says murderously, he moves fast but not as fast because his ankle, he threw the dagger at Artemis who ducked and let an arrow fly into his shoulder. He wails in pain and clutches his wound.

"You can't kill a goddess," Artemis and I both say at once. Matt stands back up, slowly taking the arrow out, wincing at every movement. When it's out he throws it on the floor. This isn't Matt, it must be the vampire blood, because he puts pressure on his ankle and his wounded shoulder starts healing.

"If you want me," he takes a few steps back while saying it. "Let Taylah fight. Only."

"She will kill you," Malachi says.

"She won't," he says. I take a dagger out, my green and black one. Matt eyes it, my bracelet is sill on too. "Still has the bracelet," he shows me his. I shake my head, taking the bracelet off and throwing it up into the sky and it catches fire, thanks to Leo was is standing next to Artemis. Everyone backs away as I turn the dagger in my hands.

"If you hadn't tried killing my brother," I don't look up from the dagger. "I wouldn't be here about to fight you." He shrugs and throws his dagger at me but I catch it, the blade digging into my palm and wet blood running down Matt's dried blood on my hand and arm. I take his and throw it to him, it hits his shoulder, right where the arrow had gone.

"That all?" He winces. I look at Malachi who nods as if saying: 'finish it.' I take out my sword, a large gold sword that has green and black mosaic pictures scattered across the blade on both sides. He now has his won sword out.

I move fast, faster than I've ever gone while in human form and I slice across his back, screams filling my ears. I stand behind him, my breath on his neck, "give up yet?" He shakes his head and I vanish into white dust and reform in front, my sword slicing across his legs and he falls.

"Stop!" I hear Camille shout and I turn to see her standing behind me, fangs bared.