Chapter 8: Masquerade

Not as I expected, there were huge, tall buildings all over the place. I looked around and saw no campaign saying recording studio whatsoever.

All these buildings were probably all filled with...I don't know...workers? Businesses?

There were no greens to be seen around the place except for one tree, probably deliberately planted there, standing all by itself. Yet, the building behind the tree had a huge ad on one of it's windows saying “Saving the world that's what we're doing!” Well, good luck with that planting only one tree.

I looked back and saw Michael and Dylan behind me while John was in the front, leading the way.

Miss Mead suddenly placed a hand on my shoulder. I followed her hand and looked up to see her very business-like face.

“Remember Eva,”, she whispered, “No part of your body is to be revealed. Here,” she pulled up the hood from my black cloak, “this should be on 24/7. When we are in the recording studio, don't talk. I will do the talking for you.”

“Why??”

“Eva, even though I'm sure everyone in there is all trustworthy but you still never know what they might do. If they recorded your normal talking voice and gave it to a paparazzi, god knows what'll happen.”

“Right.”

“Right. In there, you will be called as 'Her' so be prepared.”

“Not even a name at all?”

“Nope. No nothing.”

“Alright.”

Miss Mead gave me an assuring nod. “So, you ready?”

“As ready as I can be.”

We walked on the concrete pathway. It seemed like a short path but god is it dragging on forever. Our shoes clinked on the ground. I felt another stream of sweat rolling down my face. I gulped.

I can feel my knees wobbling by every step I took. We went into the building with the environment ad. The auto-glass door opened and the cold breeze rushed into our faces.

Because of the tinted windows did I not realize how empty this floor was! There was nothing but a marble reception at the very back middle of the room with a lady in her twenties sitting there all by herself. What a waste of space! Talk about the environment huh? Besides, why is she by herself anyway? What if some criminal or something comes in? At least a guard or something. I looked around. Nothing but marble-made items all over the place. Nearly everything is made out of marble. Including the floor! Whoever owns this place must sure be a multi-millionaire.

We walked endlessly to the very end of the room. The lady looked up from her black-leather chair. Her blonde hair tied neatly into a clean bun with not a single trace of tendrils hanging down by her sides. She didn't even had a name pinned to her black-tux jacket. Weird.

“Name,” she spoke.

I'd have to say, her voice definitely doesn't match her face at all. Her face looked so cold and hard but her voice....just ruins it. No actually, it's not her face that is cold. It was her eyes. So pale blue. It was prickening. Not that having a cold, strict face is a good thing. But you get the idea. If only she smiled or something, I think she'd look pretty sweet. Something must have happened to her today. Broke up with her boyfriend?

“Mead.”

“Have a nice day.”

I was about to answer but Miss Mead cut in before me.

“You too.”

Right. I just remembered, no talking. Not even in emergencies. Or Maybe just in vital emergencies?? Don't know.

I saw the lady push a button on her desk and the wall opened just on the left side of her desk opened up. W.O.W.

I looked down to the long corridor. This is what's hidden behind these marble walls?? I wonder where the other parts of the wall leads.

We walked down. The floor was covered in red carpet. What's with it with red carpets? By the time I actually walk the the ACTUAL red carpet, I'd be sick of it!

The walls were covered in some sort of spray painted gold looking colour.

“Oh! Forgot one thing. Here,” Miss mead passed me a pair of black gloves. “Put these on.”

I did as told without making a single noise. The gloves came all the way over my elbow. Seriously! I must look ridiculous. Mask, gloves, cloak....

“And these shoes. You mustn't be thinking that you'd get away wearing those converse sneakers will you? Put these on.” Miss mead passes me a pair of heels.

I took hold of it and looked.

Without even thinking, I blurted out. “These are too high!”

“Ssshhhhhhh! Ev........... What did I say? Just wear them. You will need to distinguish your real height. The cloak will cover all the way to the very bottom, covering your heels so it would not show you're wearing them. I know the heels are about 10cm tall but you'll get used to it. It's really comfy. Trust me. It's specially made, designed and ordered for you from the top designer from hush puppies brand company limited. It's the only pair in the whole world.”

I did as told.

“Actually, I will make a name for you. It's too hard to speak to you without a name. Since your first albums called Masquerade, you'll be none other than be called Masque.”

I gave Miss mead a thumbs down as I tried to stand up with the black heels. And yes do I agree, the heels weren't as bad as I though it be. It was pretty soft. But still too high for me.

“Too bad if you don't like it, Masque.”

I started walking when I was sure that I had an even balance between my two legs. Luckily, the rest of the walk was only a few steps as we stopped at a door. I nearly fell over when a lady suddenly approached, opening the door.

“Miss Mead, nice to see you again. Mr. Franks will be out shortly. Ah! There he is.”

I looked at Mr. Franks. Bald, shiny head, a little short beard and designer glasses. He was wearing a white shirt and black pants.

“Mr. Franks, Masque.”

“Nice to meet you. Ah, I'm sorry but our recording system seems to have broke down for some reason and the closest recording technology we need for.....Masque,” Mr. Franks looked at my mask, “is unfortunately in....Paris.”

“What's the plan now? The album must be out next week.”

“Well, the next flight is in.......” he looked at his watch, “15 minutes.”

“We'll take it.”

What? Now? Paris? Just for a recording? No. No. No.

I opened my mouth to speak. Mr. Franks noticed my reaction. “Yes, Masque?”

Miss Mead gave me a warning glare. I closed my mouth.

“Well then, I will be arranging the cars.” Mr. Franks walked off.

I can't go to Paris........what about Anthony??

“Miss Mead, what about Anthony? I need to be there when he wakes up. He saved me!”

“The doctor said he will be up in a few days. Don't worry the trip is short. Approximately one week at the most. I will tell your mom to contact me if Anthony wakes up.”

“But....”

“Sssshhhh!!” Miss mead gestured as Mr. Franks came over again and lead us the way an exit.....

Hey guys!!!! This is chapter 8 finished!!!!

Don't forget to vote comment vote comment and like!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks guys!!!! Mwahh!!! Love ya!!!