Chapter 7: The recording studio

“Eva's POV”

“Surgery....room...?”

“He got a really bad hit in his head and yeah. Good thing he got brought to the hospital earlier. Otherwise he might have died.”

....Died...?

“Is Anthony okay?”

“I don't know. He was already in there when I arrived.”

Anthony. Why does he have to do this?

Now he's done it. I feel guilty. Why does he have to save me?? How can I face him once he's out?

Grrrrr my head hurts!

“Honey, are you okay?”

Shoot. I'm caught. I really suck at hiding things.

“I'm alright.”

She gave me a concerned look.

“I'm fine. Really.” I gave her an assuring look. “Can we leave? I hate hospitals.”

I do. I hate hospitals. The smell of medicine, the white coats doctors wear, gives me the creeps.

“Wait a moment, I'll go find a nurse,” she left, leaving the door open.

I stood up and off the horrible squeaking hospital bed and found my foot doesn't even hurt a bit even though I was pushed and fell down onto the cold, hard, concrete.

I wish it did.

I wish it would hurt like hell that I wasn't able to stand up. I wish it hurts so badly that I cannot stop yelping and whining in pain. In fact, I wish all my bones in my body are all broken and demented for Anthony to be alright. I would do anything for Anthony to get out of that horrible room. Thinking the fact that Anthony is unconscious makes me anxious.

I paced around the room. Everything smelt like drugs, the legal type. The smell is making me uneasy. I looked around the room, on the side, next to a window sill, was a small table. There was a simple vase with fresh lilies in them.

I love lilies. Especially the white ones. I remember Anthony decorated the whole house full with lilies for my birthday last year as my sweet sixteen present. That was the reason why he went to look for work! To buy the lilies!!! He must have worked so hard decorating the whole house. The walls were covered with lilies. My bedroom floor was covered in white rose petals.....everything was the scenery of every girl's dream. It was the greatest moment of my life. He left a card on my bed saying 'Follow your dreams and you will succeed like a flower blooming underneath the sunlight.' I still have the card, locked up in my chest along with photos of Josh.

I remember my dad trying to do everything he could to not let me go into the house until it was seven o'clock. Dad.... He got hit by a car. And died.

Anthony.... Got hit by a truck....

I don't want another person I love die that way. And more importantly, because of me.

Eva! What are you saying?! Anthony's going to be alright. You know that....

In the corner of my eye I saw a small, blue chair with my mum's bag sitting on the top. I opened the zip attached to the leathery black skin and took out a red scarf. I placed it on my neck and puffed it up so it would cover my nose to cover the smell. I can't stand it. It's too strong. I need fresh air.

I went to the door and nearly got hit by a group of doctors and nurses pushing a person on a wheeled bed fast. The person had huge bandages wrapped and overlapped thickly around his head. The bandage was red. Covered with blood. It looked like it was an emergency. The doctors all looked very urgent.

Head.

Bandages.

Blood.

Could it be....? Anthony!

It must be.

“Anthony!” I ran as fast as my legs can take me, trying to catch up with all the doctors and nurses. “Anthony! Wait!” I kept running and pushing anyone who got in my way. I stopped when three nurses blocked me from the entrance to another surgery room. “Anthony! Guys, I need to see Anthony! He's my best friend! I need to see him.”

I tried to untangle six arms that were all around me, pushing me farther and farther from the entrance. “Please! I really need to see him! Just one look!”

I was desperate. Even if it was just lesser than a second of looking at him. I felt a warm drip dripping down cheek.

“Please,” I sobbed. I watched the auto glass door snap against each other. “Anthony....” I whispered.

The nurses let me go when they realized that I've calmed down.

“Eva!”

I recognized the voice.

“Miss Mead.”

“What are you doing on the floor? Get up.”

I did as I was told.

“Now, what are you so sad about?”

“Anthony, he got hit by a....” I trailed off.

Miss Mead looked at me worriedly. “I've heard about that but it's not the time to cry and mope now. You are starting your job. Today. Now, in fact.”

“Job?”

“You've got a recording ahead of you in...” she looks at her Swiss golden watch, “thirty minutes. And I do not want your first recording to fail because of a mopey voice.”

I blinked. “I am starting? Today? Really? Yes!!!” I jumped into the air.

“Well, what are you waiting for? You can't be late on your first day.”

“But my mom...”

“I have already arranged a part-time driver to drive your mum home and help with the furnitures. Come on, let's head to the car.”

Wow. She's organized.

We headed for the exit. John took us from the front gates and lead us to a car park. Amongst all the cars that were parked there, I can spot easily which one we're taking. It wasn't because Michael and Dylan were standing as straight and still outside the car waiting for us. It was the glossiness of the car. Black, polished, Benz Mercedes. German huh?

You can basically spot the car a mile away.

I hopped into the car when Dylan opened the door. Now do I realize how dark the window is tinted so dark. I couldn't even see a thing when I was outside.

I felt a pile of cloth landing on my lap.

“Put those on.” Miss Mead said.

“Even for recording?”

“Yes. No one is to know anything about you but you, your mom and I.”

“Yes.” I wrapped the cloak on.

“And the mask.”

I did as told. To my surprise, the mask felt like nothing on my face. It weighed nothing. I know it's there but it's 'unfeelable.'

“How's the mask?”

“I can't even feel it!”

“As planned.”

We rode in the car in silence. The only noise there was was the sound of the tyres crunching. I sat as still as possible, stuffy and sweating again. Next time, I should just wear singlets and tights underneath. Seriously! This coat can pass for wearing it in the South poles!

I leaned and crashed onto Dylan as Michael took a turn and stopped. We were there. My heart, it's beating, well it's always been beating but I can feel it. I can hear it. I swallowed hard and stepped out of the car.

Recording studio? Here I come!\

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that's chapter 7 done! Don't forget to VOTE COMMENT VOTE FAN VOTE LIKE~!!!!! :)

<--------------------------------------VOTE~~~~