Chapter 5: The unexpected.

It's not what I expected but at least it's somewhere to live. I looked at the apartment. It was pretty old-looking. It had black rusty handle bars by the side of its stairs that lead to the entrance. There were a few plants lingering around the perimeter of the building.

Miss Mead didn't move so we all stayed in the car, staring at the apartment.

“Your room is on the 7th floor. Here's the key,” Miss Mead said, passing us a keychain with two keys. “The both of you have one each.”

We both took the keys and Michael drove off again.

“Where are we going?”

“Surely you would need furniture wouldn't you?”

“I guess...”

Very quickly, speeding down the road, we were at Wall Mart.

As Michael was looking for an empty space to park the car, I remembered back when mum and I were moving into Anthony's house, I came here with Anthony to look for a double bed. Mum couldn't come because she needed to look for a job. She left early in the morning and left her credit card on the coffee table with a note saying 'Not too expensive!'

Anthony and I left at about ten bringing the card and some cash for lunch. We took the bus and sat for about 10 minutes, meeting Jess in between. Jess was going to the shopping mall with her previous boyfriend, ugh! As soon as Jess left the bus, hand in hand with her boyfriend, Anthony and I gave each other faces and laughed. Typical Jess.

When we heard the voice saying 'We are now at Wall Mart station,” we darted off the bus, laughing when we saw the bus driver's face. The driver's nose had a booger hanging out. God how I felt sorry for him. So many people had seen him like that.

At school, Anthony and I laughed about the booger for about 2 weeks.

I snapped back to reality when I realized I was the only one left sitting in the car. I got out and raced to catch up with them.

The auto glass door opened and a gush of cold breeze brushed pass my face. Strong air conditioner much! We all spread out over the mall searching for bits and pieces we need.

I walked over to the bed section. There was only a person there wearing a gray hoodie and jeans probably about the same age as me. I took no notice of him and started going through the beds.

I pushed hard on each of them to see which is softer and more comfortable...

“Boo!”

“Arghhhhh!!!” I screamed. I turned around with my hands in the air like a kung-fu master. Good thing I still remember some moves from self defense that I learnt when I was small.

“Woah! Calm down there!”

“Anthony? What are you doing here?”

“Why can't I be here?”

“I didn't say that.”

“Well, you meant it.”

“No.”

“Yah~”

“Whatever.”

“What are you doing here then?”

“Miss Me.....” I trailed off. I didn't know what to say. I've never kept a single secret from Anthony ever since we became friends in kindergarten. “My mum found a job,” I lied.

“I know that. At dairy isn't it?”

Great liar Eva. Mom already have a job.

“No, she found another one.” God I'm feeling so guilty!!!

“Really?! What job??”

Think, think, think.....Eva, where is your imaginative imagination gone?? Why can't I think up any ideas when I really need it??

“Uh....manager!” I blurted. Ok, now I regret saying that cause he's going to ask at where and how.....

“Where?”

I knew he's going to ask that...

“Um....at a company.”

“Which company?”

“I'm....um....not sure yet. I....I just found out.”

“Then why are you here?”

“We're moving out.”

“Why?? You don't have to move out.”

“Well, we've already been living there for quite a few months.”

“I don't mind. Besides, without you would be boring.”

Right. Anthony's an only child too. “But still....”

I looked straight at his blazing blue eyes. I couldn't read what he was thinking. I knew there was something he's trying to deliver to me.

We kept staring deeply into each other's eyes for a long time. It felt like we were in a movie and it was the scene where the main characters kiss. I didn't know what to do. Should I close my eyes? But if Anthony didn't have the intention to kiss me, it would be even more awkward. What can I do? We can't just stand here and do nothing. Should I close my eyes? Arggggg!!!! Anthony stop staring at me!!! But the point is should I close my eyes??

Sweat started to form by the top of my forehead. Please don't drip down, please don't drip down... I crossed my fingers behind my back hoping this awkwardness would end now.

This is torture man!!! I don't know what to do... It's harder than choosing the right answer for an exam. Why you....Anthony!!!

Suddenly and slowly, Anthony inched an inch forward to me. I just stood there as still as I can like a tree. All I can see now is his lips. His height is pretty tall. At least taller than me. About 170cm, no, 175, no 180. Wait. This isn't the time to juggle with numbers. This is serious. If he kissed me, it'd be my first kiss... My first kiss?!

As I thought that, Anthony inched another inch forward. His face was so close to mine that I can feel his breath just bouncing and brushing past my lips.

I looked up and stared into his eyes, it was....beautiful. Is this....?Am I going to give my first kiss to my best friend? My....best....friend.....what if....we were more than....

I felt my eyes started to close slowly. I can feel Anthony's is too. Our heads slowly tilted to an angle....

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N: Hey just saying, there are two parts to this chapter. I don't really know why but yeah..... There's 2 chapter 5's. Hope yo enjoy it!)

Please don't forget to VOTE COMMENT LIKE FAN!!!!!! LOVE YOU xoxo

<------------------------------------------------VOTE!!