Chapter 6: The visit to the hospital

(A/N: Since I haven't been uploading for aaaaaggggesss I uploaded now already~! Hope you enjoy it. By the way, I decided that I want this story to be in many people's POV so yeah. :) Thanks for reading!!! Please don't forget to vote or fan or comment!!!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6: The visit to the hospital

“Anthony's POV”

“Eva, what are you angry about? It's just a joke.”

Sometimes, I really don't understand her. Of all the years and time I've been with her. I really don't get how she feels about me.

I tried looking at her eyes to read what she was thinking. She just kept looking at the cars that were passing by. Ignoring with the fact that I'm taking to her.

What is wrong with her? All I said was a little joke. I was sure the staff guy must have noticed we weren't actually couples anyway. But if he didn't notice, why would she care so much about it? We don't even know the guy. The guy doesn't know us. We're just strangers randomly talking to each other.

What is it with her these days? She's so sensitive. She won't even look at me for a second.

“Eva, look at me,” I said in a more commanding voice.

She turned and faced me. I can tell she was struggling with the right words to say what she's trying to tell me.

She finally spoke,“what if Josh saw us acting like that? He would have thought we were a couple. Then...”

Josh.

Hate him.

Why?

Because he stole Eva's heart.

So what?

Well, I would be lying if I told you that I don't like Eva more than it's needed for a friend.

The fact of hearing the word 'Josh' from Eva, makes my heart swell.

It pisses me as well. Of all the long years Eva has been with me. Why hasn't she, even for teeniest bit, like me more than a friend.

Perhaps it was my mistake to be her best friend.

Being her 'friend' hurts me so much.

I spoke. “So this is all about Josh, is it?”

“No, but...”

Now she's defending for him.

“You know Eva, I really don't see what you see in Josh.”

WHAT? That wasn't meant to come out. No. Not yet.

I looked in her eyes, anger.

“What?” was what she said.

Good.

Good thing she's slow with words. I didn't want her to know too much about my feeling towards her.

Now all I have to do is to patch up my blurted mistake. But what can I say??

“You know, it's just...”

“You know what?” she cut in, “I don't want to hear about it.”

I looked at her shocked. Those words plunged into my heart like a thousand daggers being inserted into my chest, slowly. Without even looking back at me, she crossed the road. Good thing there wasn't much cars since it's the gate to the highway.