Chapter 15 | The Edge of Darkness

Hae Joo's Point of View

Why do I have to be different? Why do I have this ability? Is it because I'm chosen? Is it because I'm unique? Or is it because I'm me? I've thought this for a while and I realized that nobody really can duplicate me. I've been gifted by this power because I know I can control it and use it for good purposes but what if I should reveal it to the public? Will they still treat me the same? Will they not say I'm creepy? Will they stay? These horrible questions keep bugging my mind for ages now and I seem not to get the right answer. I feel like I'm nothing. I seem incomplete.

I walked towards the entrance of Exo's dorm. I could feel my heart beating faster and how the rays of the sun kisses my skin that made me even nervous than before.

It's been 20 days since that awful accident. Ae Min's attempted murder. How did I know they'll attack today? Well it's because of my dead twin sister. She told me everything what she knows. She is guarding Baekhyun's every move so I guess it's gonna take long before we have to see each other again. She will visit me to tell Baekhyun's plans or she might as well just tell Woohyun to tell me. Harsh life.

Oh and BREAKING NEWS, I lied about our winter break because I want this news a surprise. It's still July 11, 2018 here. The reason why we aren't in school because there was an incident. There was a student who committed suicide and the case remains a mystery because the police thinks it wasn't a suicide. A detective saw signs of struggling maybe and it made them think that she was pushed by force. I wanted to join the investigation but they don't want me to. They said they can do it without me. Huh, jealous bastards. They knew I could solve it quickly.

I took a deep breath while my eyes are closed. I smiled like everything's gonna be alright and I twisted the doorknob and enter the dorm. My smile faded away and I kept my sight at the floor to avoid eye contact. I don't know about myself. Sadness were creeping inside of me these days. I don't know what happened to me. Emotions are on the way.

"Hae Joo, what's wrong? What's with that sad face?" Suho asked me. I looked at his face; avoiding his eyes and I just a faked smile at him. He genuinely smiled back. You know it bothers me when he smiles like that in situations like this. It's so creepy in so many levels.

"So what's the plan?" Sehun asked. I looked at him straight in the eyes. He's showing concern huh. Well it's because his fellow member is gonna die so that's why he's concerned. I looked away because I might cry. I don't know the reason.

I sighed. "Stay out of the edge of darkness." It slipped out of my mouth and I don't really care. I'll let them solve that. They're not kids anymore so I think they could solve what I just said.

"What do you mean by that?" Lay asked. Great. Ae Min's lover speaks out. Ugh damn! Why am I being so bitter and all?! What's really happening to me? Are these events affecting me?! I hope not because I really can't work if I have stuffs that bugs me. I won't get the job done. It takes 'time' to fade away.

I felt someone's palm on my shoulders and it brought me back from my nightmare. I looked at the figure and it turned out to be Kris. "Are you really fine?" Kris had that doubt in his voice. I blinked and smiled.

"Yes I'm fine. I'm just not me these days." I said and I felt I was gonna throw up so I quickly ran towards the restroom upstairs and locked the door. I don't want them to know that I'm pregnant.........again. It might have give them another thing to worry about and it might let them worry about my safety more than theirs.

I flushed the toilet and I headed to their sink to gargle. I looked at my reflection on the mirror. Is this really the face that Jungkook fell in love with? What did he liked about my face? It was not really beautiful like the others. There are many other beautiful women out there but what did he liked about me? I guess I'm trying to deny every blessing that ever came to me.