Chapter 14 - Flatbush Shenanigans

Start from the beginning

Yejun is so smart. Getting into NYU must've been a breeze for him. It's bad enough that my SAT score is really low. NYU wouldn't even look at me, but Andrews did say their undergraduate program is utter shit. And they're really expensive. "You seem to be deep in thought." I gave Yejun a small smile. "You're just... you're extremely smart. You're majoring in math education, you go to NYU. You're seriously goals."

"What do you mean by that? How am I goals? I don't play soccer." I instantly laughed. When Yejun doesn't understand something, his reactions are extremely adorable. "I mean... okay, so you know when there's someone you look up to and pretty much want to be like them?"

Yejun instantly began to shake his head. "Don't think that way about me, you make me feel old." The food arrived and we began eating. I want Yejun to experience my side of Brooklyn. I'm not saying I'm getting tired of Korean food, but I want him to try Jamaican food. I broke out of my trance and looked up at him. 

"You seem to be deep in thought lately. Is something troubling you?" He asked. Yejun's eyes were filled with concern. It seems like he always has this thought in the back of his head, the thought of me leaving him. His paranoia annoys me at times, but I can understand why. "Let's go somewhere this weekend." He put his chopsticks down and raised his eyebrows. "Where?"

Smiling, I resumed eating. "You'll see. Meet me inside 14th at 12. Saturday." Reaching into my pocket, I pulled my phone out as it vibrated.

'What are you doing over the break?'

'I don't know yet. You?'

'Let's do a sleepover :D'

'I'm down for it. Your mom's cooking is fire'

'I know ;)'

Putting my phone away, Yejun called for someone and gave them his credit card. They returned and we left. I intertwined my hand in his as we walked around. The December sky was already dark. I watched as Yejun stared up at the buildings. He always seem fascinated by them. We sat down at a bench and stared at people passing by in comfortable silence. Soon after, snow began to fall. I laid my head on his shoulder and he slung his arm around my shoulder. 

"I love you Len." He whispered in my ear.

Looking up into his dark tunnels, I smiled. "I love you too, Yejun Min." His eyes lit up as he slowly moved in for a kiss. I welcomed the feeling of his soft lips moving against mine. It felt amazing. He pulled back and looked back up at the buildings. 

I always wondered what was on his mind. How stressed out can he be? He teaches Taekwondo, trig and teaches at the dojang three to four times a week. On top of that, he deals with me. He doesn't have family in this country, and then he has a piece of shit of a father. I closed my eyes and blocked out the sound of the busy streets. 

The light snow quickly fell as Yejun arose. He looked over at me and gave me his hand. Taking it, I stood up and we left. I wish I could tell Yejun about what has been going on lately with Alaric, but I know it'll only stress him out more. I want nothing but the best for Yejun. If that means keeping him in the dark about this, so be it.

--

Saturday came fast. I stood waiting for Yejun by the benches. When he finally arrived, we went on the Q towards Coney Island. "Where are we going?" he asked. I smiled and shrugged. "I don't know." He kissed his teeth and I stared at him in shock. Catching my gaze, he questioned my facial expression, but I couldn't help it.

Yejun. Kissed. His. Teeth.

"Y-y..." I held in my laughter and bit my bottom lip. I'm turning him into a Jamaican. "You kissed your teeth." I let out a small bit of laughter and apologized to the person standing next to me. "I kissed my teeth?"