23 - Final Chapter

/a/n slight trigger warning. the first few paragraphs mentioning the likes of mental disorders, self harm, and suicide. read with slight caution. xx

A year had gone by. Phoenix was aged seventeen, in the second to last year of her high school career as she had to stay another year since she had obviously changed schools.

A lot had happened in just one year. Phoenix had been diagnosed with many disorders including depression, anxiety, ADD, ADHD, PTSD, insomnia, and possibly bipolar disorder.

She had picked up on self harm about a month after you and Mark died. She had attempted to commit suicide twice in one year. Sean was the one to find her both times.

One of those times she was sitting on the bathroom floor with pills. They were already in her mouth, and she was just about to take them.

Sean walked in just as she went to take a sip of water to wash them down. He forced her to spit them out. He wasn't going to let his best friends' daughter die.

The other time she was standing on a chair, ready to hang herself. Sean walked in just as she put the noose around her neck. She'd stepped off of the chair just as Sean ran in and held her up so she wouldn't die that way.

She had recovered a small bit, but not as much progress as Sean would like.

Phoenix also started to smoke and do drugs. Sean knew about both but never said anything.

She was clearly struggling with everyday life. When she wasn't at school or doing drugs with her "friends", she tended to stay in her room all day, usually watching YouTube or Netflix on her laptop.

She liked to watch old Markiplier videos. She'd always cry during them. She thought he was really funny, even though it was her dad. She scrolled through comments, most of them saying, "I can't believe what happened," and other things like that.

One day, Phoenix was doing just that, watching her father's Among The Sleep playlist.

Sean knocked on her door, "Phoenix?"

"What?" She said quietly, her voice raspy from crying.

"Can I come in?" He asked. She shut the lid of her laptop.

"Yeah," She said, laying lower under her covers.

Sean walked in her room and sat at the edge of her bed, "Phoenix, you need help."

"No," She said, "No, I don't."

"Yes, you do," He said, "I'm getting you a therapist."

"Please!" She begged, "Please don't.."

"What else can I do?!" Sean began to raise his voice, "You're emotionally unstable, and you're addicted to drugs!"

"H-How do you know about that?" Phoenix asked, her tone completely changing from angry, to worried and upset.

"For months now," Sean said, "I didn't say anything because I thought it was just a phase, but it's clear that it isn't."

"Sean, I-"

"No, you're grounded. After school you're expected to come straight home. Do you hear me?"

Phoenix nodded, tears continuing to fall down her face.

"Good," Sean said, wrapping his arms around the teenager.

She hugged back, crying into his chest, "It's been one year."

"I know," Sean whispered, "I hope I'm raising you decently."

"You're doing a good job," She said, "I'm the one who's fucking things up."

"I'm really sorry about Mark and (y/n)," He said, "They were my absolute best friends in the world. I miss them so much. I can't even imagine how you feel."

"I hate myself for being a bitch to them before they died. I told my mom to shut up, that was the last thing I said to them," Phoenix said, pulling away from the hug and covering her face with her hands.

"Phoenix, it's going to be okay," Sean said, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Phoenix took her hands off of her face, wiping her eyes, and Sean backed off a bit.

"Do you want to watch YouTube with me?" She asked.

"Are you watching old Mar-"

"Yes," She said, cutting the Irishman off.

"What videos are you watching?" Sean asked.

"Among The Sleep," She answered, "I'm on the second episode."

"I'll watch it with you," He smiled, "I like that series."

He sat in her bed with her and they watched one of Mark's videos, which led to another, and a few after that.

Phoenix was crying quite a bit. Sean did a little, but he didn't like crying, especially in front of others, even if it was his family.

"I need to start dinner," Sean said after a while.

"Okay," Phoenix said sadly, "Thanks for hanging out with me."

"Of course," He said, but before he could leave, she stood up and hugged him.

He hugged her back and began to tear up. He took a sharp, shaky intake of breath before breaking out into full fledged tears.

He hugged Phoenix so tightly, "Please don't ever leave."

Phoenix knew exactly what he meant, "I'll stop cutting, I'll try to stop being suicidal, I'll stop smoking and doing drugs. I promise."

He left the hug and put out his pinky.

"Do you promise?"

Phoenix interlocked her pinky with his.

"I promise."

The End<3

/a/n HI IM REALLY EMOTIONAL RIGHT NOW SORRY FOR ENDING IT LIKE THIS

I KNOW YOURE LIKE ALL MAD AND STUFF BUT I LOVE YOU

DONT HATE ME

the next chapter will be an authors note thanking all of you by the way

I love you.

And as always, I will see you later.

Bye-bye!!