7

*recap*

"Why did we break up?"

Mark look surprised at the question and his eyes moved around. "What do you mean?" He asked, pretending not to know what you were talking about.

"Don't bullshit me Mark," You said, "You know exactly what I'm talking about."

"I-I," Mark avoided eye contact with you, "The truth?"

You nodded, nervous to hear the answer.

"You found out I was cheating on you," Mark sighed.

You bit your lip to prevent yourself from crying. It happened in the past, you mentally reminded yourself.

"It happened years ago," Mark said, "It was before we were engaged and I was an idiot. I can't believe I let you get out of my life that easily. I don't know what I was thinking."

Mark took a deep breath, then continued, "I'll give you the explanation you deserve, the same one I gave you years ago. I-I went to a bar and you obviously weren't there. Long story short I got drunk and slept with someone. She convinced me to keep seeing her and I was an idiot and kept seeing her, and this was while you and I were dating by the way."

You nodded, telling him to go on.

"Well, I invited her over and we.. we were in the middle of.. yeah.. and you came over since we didn't live together at the time. You walked in and I felt like the biggest asshole in the world. I immediately kicked the woman I was sleeping with out of my house and I haven't talked to her since. I feel like such a jerk for doing that to you, and I regret those decisions everyday. I'm sorry (y/n). If I could take back time I would. Same with the car accident. I'd go back in time any chance I could get to take that back. I'm sorry (y/n)," Mark looked at you with teary eyes.

"It's okay," You said, turning around to hide your face from him.

"No, it's not," Mark said, "Don't lie to me. It was a long time ago and I haven't even thought of it since then."

"And that's why it's okay," You said, "You learned from your mistakes and we're still together, so it's okay. Thank you for telling me," You turned back around and smiled at Mark.

"Yeah, of course," Mark said, smiling sweetly at you, "I love you, and I don't expect you to say it back."

"Thank you," You said again.

"Hey, can we go somewhere together later? It might spark some memories," Mark suggested, a goofy grin on his face despite the dried tear stains on his cheeks.

"That sounds great. Formal or casual?" You asked.

"Casual. Jeans and a comfy shirt is fine," Mark stood up and kissed your cheek.

You blushed at the sudden affection.

"We're going to leave in an hour," Mark said, "The drive will take about a half an hour."

You nodded, went up the stairs and began to get ready. You decided on wearing a simple outfit of blue jeans and a black shirt with a pixelated "M" design on it.

You left the room and went down the stairs. Mark saw you and laughed.

"What?" You asked, giggling.

"Your shirt is Markiplier merchandise," He said.

"Who is.. Markiplier?" You asked, confused.

"My YouTube channel name," He laughed.

"Oh," You laughed.