Finally after their little hug dance they release each other and step back. Creepy smiles on both.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Emily." I step forward and give her a small quick hug.

"Nice to meet you too! My names Mina, but my friends call me Minnie." She smiles at us.

Lucy introduces herself as she starts dragging more Minnie up the stairs. I trail behind noticing that Lucy has yet to think about the other girl who is up here some where. You can tell the moment she realises though, as she stops abruptly and slowly turns to face me. Fear is evident in her wide eyes. I hate when people are afraid of others. No one should feel scared to stand up for themselves, I get frustrated thinking about it.

"Which one did she take?" she whispered to me.

"I'm not sure..." I frown.

"Why are we whispering?" Minnie asks confused.

Just then the door to the largest bedroom opened and out stepped the dragon.

"Joanne." says the tall intimating girl.

Hey, I said that people shouldn't be afraid of each other but this girl doesn't do much to prove herself otherwise. She had a bored expression on her face, as if she had no choice but to get the introductions over with.

Noticing the two other girls silence I decide to step up,

"I'm Emily, this is Lucy," I nod to my right, "and this is Minnie." I nod to my left.

The two girls are both half behind me which seems to please Joanne.

"I don't bite. I just had a bad day." She says wryly offering the two girls a smile.

Both girls' eyes widened and quickly leave my side, wrapping their arms around Joanne, giving her a group hug. My eyes widen in fears. Two bone crushing hugs at once, Joanne is going to die.

"I'm...not really... a hugger." She says cautiously, though unaffected by the death hugs.

I grabbed both of their arms and tug them towards me making them release her.

"Sorry." They mumble together.

Joanne flicks her dark brown hair over her shoulder and then steps around us heading back down stairs.

"I'm going to look around. Coming?" she calls behind her.

After looking around I'm surprised that I missed a door over by the kitchen. A normal bathroom with just a toilet and sink, makes sense.

Finally we all decide to go to our rooms to unpack and get settled in. I walk into my room and collapse on my bed.

Staring at the roof I let out a small sigh. I knew what was coming. It was the same thing every time. Leaving room to think always brought dreadful memories to the surface. I close my eyes thinking about the last night I had spent in Linx Lake with my mom and step dad.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Joseph, wanna let the dogs in." Mom states in her 'I'm asking but I'm really telling you to' voice.

With a grunt he drags himself off the couch and goes outside. We keep our dogs in a run in our backyard, letting them in only at night, and putting them back out each morning. Joseph has been in a bad mood all day, not that he's ever in a good mood. The door opens and he lets one of the four dogs in so he could wipe the mud off their paws one at a time. Jax, the first dog let in, gets past Joseph and runs rampant through the house getting mud everywhere. Before I can react the door swings open letting the three other dogs in, Lester, Bambi, and Bella. They charge through the house with excitement, and I know what's coming.

"HEY!" Joseph screams at the top of his lungs.

Red faced with spit flying out of his mouth he begins chasing the dogs. I don't know what to do. I'm frozen in fear. He's so angry.

He starts chasing the smallest dog, Bambi, getting frustrated as he can't grab her. I jump into action, hopeful that I can save some of them from a beating.

I get Lester outside, but as I turn around the sight and sound makes me sick. Bambi yelping, Joseph red faced and mad, beating her with a broom stick. The other two dogs cower in the corner, knowing they are next. I shut my eyes tightly and over my ears as hard as I can with my hands. Telling myself that I'm leaving tomorrow, but knowing that nothing is going to change. My heart breaks for the animals I love, I feel anger towards mom for not doing anything, and I feel hatred for the man with no heart. Get me out of here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes, feeling drained, guilty, and depressed. I never understood why my mom stayed with my step dad. Just like I never truly understood why she stayed with my biological father for as long as she did. How could someone be so evil, and hide it. My step dad was nothing compared to my father though. No, my father was a whole different type of monster. Spending summer after summer traumatizing me, making me the way I am today, distant. I looked over at my clock deciding to unpack my clothes and put them away. Tomorrow was my last free day, and then after that I would start attending my literature, fiction, and journalism classes.

Satisfied with my room I went back to my bed, closing my eyes, this time welcoming sleep instead of my thoughts.

*******************************************************

END OF CHAPTER

Hey guys, beg you to comment and vote. This stuff is really hard for me to write, I hope you enjoy it. The delicious Riley will be coming in the next chapter. Im obsessed with him

VOTE

COMMENT

LOVE ME BECAUSE I LOVE YOU