"I'm Lucy!" She exclaims

"Can't. Breath" I gasp out trying to grab a breath of sweet, sweet oxygen.

She releases me so fast you'd think that I had burned the poor girl.

"I'm sorry! Some people say I'm too outgoing! And excited. Please don't think badly of me. You will get used to it. I can actually be quiet fun once you get to know me. Just say you forg-"

"There is nothing to forgive," I interrupt her before she can continue her rant, "I'm Emily."

"We're gonna be great friends, I can feel it." she gives me a secret smile.

Okaaaay. Little weird, go with it though Emily. Make friends.

"Let's go get you settled in your room." I smiled at her, leading the way up the stairs.

Lucy flies past me and starts popping in and out of doors checking everything out. To my surprise, after she looked at every room, she walked back into the smallest room and placed her belongings inside. I walk in behind her, of course she took the pink one.

She sighed in content, "Perfect."

"Why did you choose this room? This is the smallest one." I point out, even though it's obvious.

"Why did you not choose the biggest room?" She countered, tilting her head to the side.

"Selfish reasons. Trust me." I grin at her.

She laughed and then started to stare at nothing, deciding how to answer maybe.

"Well, growing up I shared a room not much bigger than this one with my two older sisters, so really I barely know what I'm going to do with all of this extra room." She gestured around with a giggle.

"Well, let's set your bed up."

Grabbing her sheets, blankets, and pillows all at once (to my surprise...she's so tiny!) she tosses them onto her bed.

"I'll deal with it later. Let's go downstairs and look around." She said already walking out the door.

I followed Lucy down the wooden stairs and through the archway that led to the living room and kitchen. Just as she begins to nod appreciatively a even louder bang makes me snap my head to the front door. We both stand frozen for a few moments, I glance at Lucy to see her deer-caught-in-headlight look. I snicker quietly. I push Lucy ahead of me which earns me a glare over her shoulder. I can't hold it in, I bust out laughing. Wow. Me, laughing freely. This place is already changing me for the better. Lucy lifts her chin in...bravery? I snicker once more.

She walks up to the girl that has been watching us with an expression as if she spelt something bad. Lucy shakes off her irrational fear and just as she opens her mouth to most likely introduce herself in the same loud way she did to me, the new girl sneers and stomps past us up the stairs.

Lucy looks over at me with wide eyes. She looks so unsure about what happened. I'm not surprised though, that is the kind of attitude that you deal with everyday in my life.

"Calm down. We just have to get to know each other. " I tell her, adding a silent later in my head.

Once more the timing of the door opening surprises us and we jump and turn to see who it is. Good vibes this time, this girl didn't open the door almost knocking the hinges off.

"Hello, hello!" the girl announces.

Lucy jumps at the poor girl after noticing that she is nothing like grumpy-pants upstairs. Instead of having my lack-of-air reaction to Lucys now famous bone crushing hug, this girl hugs her back with the same, if not more, enthusiasm. My bets on the new girl passing out first. These two are creepy similar. This girl also has long black hair, but inside of being pin straight, hers is softly curled with epic volume. She's gonna have to teach me how she does that. I note that she has slightly smaller eyes then Lucy but, they're green. Holy shit, doppelgänger much? The only difference is Lucy looks more city girl, with her leggings and fitted sweater, and new girl has some obvious southern twang with her boots, jeans, and red plaid shirt. It's almost comical really.