Chapter 9

Bambi :

Got the club goin' up , on a tuesday!

Got ya girl in the corner , she choosey!

Club goin' up!

The song "Tuesday(Club Goin' Up)", blasted through the speakers of my car as I rode around with Brandon. We were on our way to Buffalo Wild Wings so we could get out and talk a little. I whipped my car through the streets of Tallahassee while Brandon typed away on his phone. I swear, he so cute man. I like everything about him, his smile, his style, the way he looks at me. Everything. I couldn't help but think about how he has changed my life within just these few weeks.

We pulled into the Governor's Square Mall and surprisingly, I was able to find a parking spot close to the main entrance. I parked and grabbed my silver clutch from the side of me before exiting the car. He immediately walked over to my side of the car and grabbed my hand, placing me on his right side. We walked into the mall holding hands and headed directly for the food court. I ignored the stares from niggas, the disrespectful looks from females and the eye rolls. This was my baby regardless of whether they liked it or not.

We proceeded to the Buffalo Wild Wings in the mall and waited in line to give our order.

"Babe, I have to go to the bathroom. Can you get me a six piece hot wing meal and season my fries with seasoning salt and lemon pepper. I want ranch with my wings.", I said with a slight smile.

"Aight. I got you.", he said. I kissed his cheek and proceeded to walk to the bathroom.

Once I made it inside the bathroom, I walked a couple stalls down and used one. I placed a toilet seat cover on the toilet and handled my business. I used my foot to flush the toilet and then walked out to wash my hands. I scrubbed my hands really well before drying them and applying my scented lotion which was in my clutch. I checked my hair, applied some Carmex to my lips and walked out of the bathroom.

I looked over to the Buffalo Wild Wings line and Brandon was no where in sight. I peered over the seats in the food court the best I could from my 5'1 frame and still couldn't find him. I decided to take out my phone and call him. I selected the contact name " Baby " and waited on the ring. The phone wrung, and wrung, but my call wasn't answered, what the hell? I called him 3 more times and still didn't get an answer, what the fuck? After calling multiple times and getting no answer, I looked over all the people one more time and finally found him, I was relieved. I began to walk over to him and my relief suddenly began to turn into anger. My blood began to boil as I witnessed a sight I was hoping to never endure. Here he was, with another girl, ignoring my calls.

"So, what is this?", I asked once I had finally made my way over to them.

"Oh, hey baby.", BJ said while embracing me in a a side hug.

"Moniece, this is Jamerica, my girlfriend and Jamerica, this is Moniece, a friend from Miami.", he said. I held my hand out to shake hers, but she completely ignored my kind gesture.

"Yeah, we were more than friends back in Miami.", she said before giving me a smirk.

"Yeah, well, whatever y'all had going on is over now.", I said as BJ grabbed my hand.

"Yeah, okay.", she stated, "well, Brandon, I have to go. I'll see you around boo."

She attempted to pull him into a hug, but he pushed her away. I don't even care, as long as he knows what her place is, what she thinks is irrelevant. He wrapped his arm around my neck and we walked away to sit down at a table.