Chapter 1

Jamerica Williams

Constant beeping plays within my ear, causing me to turn over in my bed, officially irritated. I quickly grabbed my phone with an aggravating snatch off the table and answered it. It was 6:00 in the morning, who could this be?

"What?" , I asked before looking at the caller ID.

"Girl, don't talk to me like that! Now get up and wake your brother up so y'all can get ready for school. I'm at the court house about JJ. I left breakfast in the microwave and I put your keys on your desk for you.", my mother said through the phone.

"I'm sorry ma and alright. Thank you, I love you mommy.", I replied before slowly getting out of bed and walking to the bathroom in my room.

"You're welcome baby. Now go ahead and get ready. Have a good first day, my baby growing up so fast.", She said.

"I know mommy, but I'll see you later.", I replied and hung up the phone after she said her goodbyes.

I sat my phone on the cream colored marble counter as I looked at my wide mirror on the wall. I began to undress and turn the water on for the shower. I hopped in the shower and allowed the water to run down my body as I slowly relaxed. I grabbed my Cashmere Glow body was from Bath & Body Works and began to to wash my body with my matching tan loufa. After washing myself really good, I stepped out, wrapped my light pink towel around myself and brushed my teeth, leaving a Colgate smile. I washed my face with my facial cleanser and applied Cocoa Butter after drying my face.

After taking care of my personal hygiene, I walked back into my room and pulled my Victoria Secret bag out of my closet. I pulled out my black, lace panty and bra set from the bag and laid them out on my bed. I grabbed my Cashmere Glow lotion and began to lotion my body. Once completely relieved of all ash, I slipped on my undergarments and then my robe.

I walked out of the comfort of my room and to my brother, Jamir room. I knocked on his door, but got no response, so I walked in and began to shake him.

"Damn Jamerica, five more minutes!", he called out with his eyes still closed and his hands in his boxers.

I touched the part of his chest with the name "Karmina" tattooed on it and began to shake him again.

"No , I've gave you like thirty extra minutes, get up now or I'm leaving you.", I replied as I started walking to the door of his bedroom.

"Fine man, damn.", he said as he began to rise out of bed and walk to the bathroom on the other side of his room.

I laughed a little and walked back to my room and into my closet to choose the outfit I was going to wear today. I eventually made my choice after reaching into my Flirt bag and pulling out a white and black aztec print crop top along with some acid wash shorts and some black and gold sandals. I laid the outfit out on the bed and began to get dressed. I chose some gold chains to go along with it and my black and gold Michael Kors purse. Afterwards, I styled my curly hair, grabbed my phone, portable charger, keys, notebooks, binders and pencil pouch and put it all in my purse.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen where I seen my brother eating on the food my mother had put up for us. I walked over and grabbed some bacon and toast off the plate and poured myself some orange juice. Once we finished eating, we walked outside to my 2016 Dodge Charger and drove to this hell hole known as Rickards Highschool.

After pulling up to the school, Jamir grabbed his galaxy , JanSport backpack and walked over to where all his homies and thots be posted up in the morning. I proceeded to my locker on the second floor of the 500 building until I seen my best friend Alayah, begin to approach me.