38

"Here we are." Emily smiled at me and directed me into the driveway.

I soon stopped the car, and we both got out. I went to go and get Ruby out of her seat and saw she was asleep.

"Come on, princess." I chuckled and carried her on my hip.

Emily walked in front of me up to the front door, and I followed behind her.

"You ready?" She said and held an arm around my waist.

I nodded as she knocked the door and stepped back.

Minutes later, Emily's parents came to the door.

"My little girl!" Her mother exclaimed and hugged her.

"Hi mum, Hi dad." She smiled and hugged them both before glancing at me again.

"Id like you to meet someone. This is Liam. My..Boyfriend." She shot a toothy grin and nodded her head.

"Your boyfriend? We haven't heard much of this, Emily." Mrs Ross smiled slightly awkwardly.

"I know, ma. I'm sorry, I didn't get round to telling you. Now, can we come inside?" She said, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Hm, of course." She nodded and stepped aside, giving a friendly look to me.

Emily led me into the living room, and we all took a seat on the sofas.

"How long have you been together?" Mr Ross asked.

"We've been together almost two months." Emily quickly explained and shot me a look to play along.

"Is this your daughter Liam?" Her mother asked and smiled a little.

"She is. Her name's Ruby and she's a year old." I nodded and sat her on my
lap.

"You aren't with her mother now, I take." She questioned and I shook my head.

"Definitely no. Your daughters an amazing girl." I smiled and glanced at Emily.

"Thank you, Liam." Mr Ross then smiled and offered us to go upstairs and unpack our bags since we were staying the night.

We took our bags up the stairs and went into Emily's room.

"I'm sorry, love." She sighed and sat on her bed.

I glanced around her bedroom, which was painted a pale pink colour with white sheets.

"What for?" I asked and sat Ruby on the bed.

"My mum and dad. Lying about us. Everything. I had to say we hadn't been together long, they'd kill me if they knew I didn't tell them about us being together for so long." She said and shook her head.

"Baby, don't worry. It'll all ease off soon." I said as I leaned over and I pecked her lips.

She smiled in relief, and watched Ruby.

"Nice room you've got here, Sweetheart." I grinned and laid back on her bed.

"I know, hey have you seen this?" She smirked and got up and went towards a closet.

She swung open the doors to reveal multiple posters plastered over the doors.

N*Sync posters.

"Oh wow. Bit of a fan?" I joked and laughed a little.

"Huuuuge fan. Justin was my favourite." She laughed and stared at the wall.

I played around a little with Ruby and then turned to Emily again.

"Where's she gonna sleep tonight, babe?" I asked.

"Um..In our bed? We don't have any sort of crib here." She bit her lip gently and tilted her head.

"I guess that's alright for one night. She usually does it anyway." I laughed and looked at Ruby.