2

As I made my way back to the car, I struggled to carry Ruby and 3 huge bags of items I bought.

When we were a few steps away from the car, I stopped and caught my breath then finally got to my Range Rover.

I unlocked it and popped open the trunk, putting all the bags in and strapping Ruby into the car seat, which we were donating as I bought her a new one.

As I struggled to hold Ruby and put things in the car, a young woman around my age with blonde curly hair and the deepest green eyes you'd ever see.

"Do you need some help there?" She asks as I smile.

"Sure." I nod and she takes a bag and leaves it in the trunk.

"Thanks.." I begin

"Emily. Emily Ross."

"Emily." I grin, shaking her hand and holding Ruby close. "I'm Liam Payne. This is Ruby,My daughter."

Ruby lays her baby head on my shoulder and I keep talking to Emily.

"You're in one direction, aren't ya?" She asks and I reply with a nod.

"Yep, that's me."

"And uh, I hope you don't mind me asking, is this your baby?" She smiles awkwardly.

"Yeah. The media don't know about her yet. She was left at my door and there was a note saying she was mine so.." I shrug.

"I won't say anything. For sure." She shakes her head

"Thanks. Hey, maybe we could go get a coffee sometime? I don't know.." I smile. Worth a shot.

"Sure!" She takes my phone and types in her number along with her name typed along side.

"Thanks. I'll catch up with you soon, yeah? See ya." I wave as she copies my actions and makes her way to her car as I do the same.

Ruby sits next to me in the passenger seat gurgling in her car seat as I leaned my hand slightly over.

I pull up outside the house and take the bags inside, and obviously carrying in Ruby.

After I got back to the house, the delivery arrived just on time. they brought in boxes upon boxes of things, and made me sign a sheet and so I did. And then I got to work.

I sat Ruby in her little bouncer, as I pulled out the planks of wood for the crib, and the bars for the stroller.

I began screwing them together as they finally started to look like an actual..thing.

I pushed the finished stroller out of the way, and screwed in the last screw on the crib before moving it into my room, which was partially hers.

I lifted her up, and sat us on the sofa, laying her on my chest.

I still couldn't believe that such a beautiful human being was mine and I didn't even realise.

"Mama." she mumbles to herself.

Her first word was 'Mama'? I guess Kristen had been trying to teach her.

"Uh, yeah. Dada?" I suggest to her as she gazed at me.

"Dah." she says sharply.

"Close enough." I smile.