14

The next morning, Neither Me or Emily were going to work so we all woke up normally and to no alarm.

I then realised that it was the 17th of march. Emily's birthday. And her party was tonight.

I got up, hurried downstairs to grab Emily's hidden birthday present I had bought and wrapped a few days before.

I woke Ruby quickly, and brought her into the bedroom where Em was still asleep.

Ruby crawled along the middle of the bed, up to Emily's shoulder and grinned at me.

"Em, wake up." I whispered in her ear.

Emily's green eyes fluttered open and a smile grew upon her face.

"Happy birthday." I smile and Ruby gurgles at her happily.

She thanks me, and sits upright as she takes Ruby onto her lap.

I hand her a box which is wrapped in some blue wrapping paper and her face lights up.

"Ah, Liam! You didn't have to!" She insists.

"I did though." I grin and she opens it.

"Li! An iPhone 6? I didn't need one." she says in shock.

"6 plus. Aren't you just a little fed up with your iPhone 4, love?" I ask.

"It's a pretty good phone." she mumbles.

"Now this one can be a pretty good phone. Yeah?" I smile.

"Yeah. Thank you." her face lightens up a little more and she kisses my lips.

~*~

At around 4, I had a few loud knocks on the door so I took Ruby in my arms and answered the door.

"Liam, honey!" My mum grinned.

"Mum, I totally forgot you were coming over! Come on in." I smile and walk them into the living room where Emily is sat.

She smiles politely and stands up. "Hi I'm Emily."

They shake hands and chat a little.

"I'm glad Liam's found someone who can help him out a little more." my dad nods and shakes Emily's hand.

We all sit down as Ruby babbles to my mother, and crawls across the her lap.

"She missed you." I admit.

"I missed her too!" My mum coos and tickled Ruby. "And I hear it's your birthday today, Emily?"

"Yeah it is. I'm 21." Em smiles.

"Happy birthday!" She congratulates her. "Thank you." Emily says gratefully.

I look at the time then look at Emily. "You should start getting ready. And could you be ready by 6, babe?"

"It's only 4:30, and why?" she shakes her head happily.

"It's a surprise. But I know you, em. You're gonna take like half a decade just to get ready, love." I grin as she stands up and goes to get ready.

I scooch over to my mum who is playing with Emily, and occasionally talking to my dad on the other sofa.

"Thank you for not saying anything." I whisper.

"It's okay, love." she winks.

"So you're not doing anything beside this then, Liam?" My father asks.

"No, just this." I nod.

~*~

At about 5:30, I went upstairs and began to get ready.

I put on a light blue button up shirt (with a few buttons left undone at the top) and some skinny jeans.

I went into the bathroom to fix my hair a little, I see Emily stood at the mirror smoothly curling her blonde hair.

"You look beautiful." I smile.

She was wearing a red, yellow and blue floral knee length dress, which fitted her perfectly, and some white platform shoes.

Her makeup was done perfectly. She had an orange coloured lipstick and natural eye makeup.

"Thank you, Li. So do you." she thanks me and kisses my cheek, then wipes off a lipstick stain.

I chuckle and run my hand through my hair as I look at the clock.

"It's 5:45." I worry.

"Don't worry, whatever you've planned we won't be late for." she reassures me.

I had invited everyone to be there by around 5:15.

"Okay. I'm ready to go." she nods and stands back.

"Me too." I agree and we make our way downstairs.

Emily had a little white clutch bag with her phone and little essentials in it.

"Your taxis here." my dad announces and we bid everyone our goodbyes.

"Bye Rubes. We'll see you in the morning." I kiss her forehead as she giggles. "And thank you. If you would like to stay in the guest room, you're welcome to." I say, turning to my parents.

Emily says goodbye and then, we both leave.

The driver knew where he was supposed to go, so our journey started off pretty quickly.

"I'm scared for what you have planned." she jokes.

"Don't be, you'll love it!" I grin