Apology: Near x Reader

I found this photo of my dear Near and just had to use it, I do not own it so all the credit for the cover image goes to who drew it.

Placing the last card on top of the big tower I look down at my achievement, it's not the same. Near flew to Tokyo months ago and still unable to prove the person he expects is Kira is in fact Kira. A small frown tugs at the corners of my mouth as I imagine Near sitting across from me focusing  on the structure of the card building. Pushing the cards down as they tumble to the ground in a big paper mess.

Near's P.O.V
Toppling over yet another line of dice  lined around the room I can't seem to focus on the case, I'm not progressing, I will not surpass L. Dark circles have appeared over the timeline I've been here, they've gotten much darker from lack of sleep, I need to get home but in order to do that I need to find Kira the one thing keeping me here is also the one thing I cannot solve.

"Near, it's pretty late, the case will be here tomorrow, rest your eyes." One of my fellow detective sounds off

"I cannot let him get away." My monotone voice full of anger

"I understand but-"

"I have a job, I very well plan on doing that job, you can take off a night risking more people's lives but I will not." I cut off their excuses

"Near ?" A all to well voice rings in my ears. The soft almost whisper I could not mistaken for another.

"What are you doing here ?" I question her in the identical harsh tone I held with the detective

"I needed to see you, it's been six months." I can hear her smiling through her voice

With a warm heart I still cannot shake my tone

"In order to catch Kira I need to focus, you being here is irrelevant." What am I saying ?

"I see." Her whisper returns

"I'll have a ticket for you ready at your leave later tonight." My heart heavy as it sinks, why am I doing this ?

"understood ?" The voice coming from my own throat can not be mine

"Yea." 

My P.O.V

This is it, I knew I shouldn't have showed up announced but I didn't think he'd act like this. I can't live like this, he isn't my Near anymore, he's a new person Kira has shaped him out to be.

I met Near all those years ago at Wammy's I was only five, lost, afraid and teary eyed as a white haired six year old comforted me. Since that day we've never been apart. Just sixteen years old would Near muster up the courage to ask me to be his. Two short years later did I know we would be shacked up in a little apartment south of Doncaster. 

"When I leave..." My voice trembles not wanting to say what I must.

"When I leave, I will no longer wish to... to, Near, if you make me leave then I am leaving for good."

"Agreed." Near's monotoned voice shook me at that moment, did he just agree to a break up?

The rapid beat of my heart loud in my chest, I slipped the delicate ring off of my left hand. As it bounced on the      linoleum floor I turned on my heels pulling my luggage behind me. A dark blonde haired detective was kind enough to lead me to a room, I was able to stay there until someone could escort me to the airport. The big room full of Windows, toys and miscellaneous objects seemed all too familiar, this room all around seemed lived in. 

A soft knock tapped at the door.

"Come in." I spoke loud enough for them to hear

A small pale hand snuck around the edge of the door, slightly halting deciding whether or not to continue their way into the room. Peering down at the floor Near shuts the door  behind him. Pressed against the wood he looks up at me, wet eyes dripping.