Chapter Thirty Four - Mason's POV

Start from the beginning

And so I did, although some I kept just between me and Rain. She definitely didn't need to know how we nearly never made it to dinner or out of the diner, or the car for that matter, nor did she need to know how I couldn't keep my hands or lips off Rain for a longer than thirty seconds.

Falling into bed, my wolf quickly settled inside of me. She's perfect, isn't she? Pride swelled in my chest at my own words.

My wolf stirred a little with the sound of my voice. She always has been.

Nodding my head, I folded my arms behind my head. I know. I admitted before letting an image of our beautiful mate sink into my mind. My chest warmed with the thought of her and I hated that she wasn't beside me right this minute.

All self control I possessed was quickly evaporating the longer I spent with her and as if to prove a point, my arm voluntarily reached for my phone. It was a little after half one and even thought she would probably be asleep, I figured she could wake up to the message.

Had an amazing night. Sweet dreams, little kitten.

As I read over the words, my heart began to pound in my chest. Was that a sweet thing to say? Would she like waking up to it? The more I thought about it the more I realised I was completely out of my depth with this kind of stuff.

I've never had to impress a girl before and I'd certainly never cared what she thought of something I did, but I couldn't stop the feeling I had. I wanted her to wake up with a smile, knowing I had been thinking about her, but what if she didn't?

Dammit.

I seriously had to grow some balls and man the hell up.

Fifteen minutes after tapping the message out, I hit the send button. I had no idea whether I would always be this nervous when it come to Rain, but I knew I would find out.

Don't ruin our last chance with her. My wolf warned in a stern tone.

He didn't need to worry about that, I had no intention of messing this up. I won't. I promised.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't know the first thing about being in a relationship or how to be someone's boyfriend, but I'd make damn sure I'd give it everything I had and it started with surprising her tomorrow morning before school.

A few seconds later, my phone chimed. Picking it up, the green light illuminated a name that sent my stomach into a frenzy.

Me too, it was perfect. Goodnight, mate ;)

I couldn't stop myself from smiling like an idiot. She was driving me crazy and I couldn't get enough of her. Still with a huge smile on my face, I settled back into bed and dreamt of the emerald eyed beauty that sent my heart into a spin.

* * *

I couldn't leave the house fast enough. I grabbed the quickest breakfast I could and planned to hot foot it out of the door.

Well I would have, if it hadn't of been for the idiot blocking my way. "What do you want?" I sneered. Of all the times to stop me, he choses now.

"I want to talk about Harper."

My lip curled at the sound of her name coming out of his mouth. "She's not your concern."

His eyes darkened, obviously not liking my dismissal of their friendship. "She's been a good friend to me and I want to protect her."

"Protect her?!" I asked in disbelief. Was this guy kidding me? "Rain doesn't need you protecting her, as her boyfriend," I put emphasis on the word, making sure he heard it loud and clear, "I'm more than happy to give her all the protection she needs."