“You my new babysitter?” Chandler sighed. Nathan only nodded. His gazed studying her for a bit, and to be honest, it made Chandler a bit uncomfortable. She pushed her plate away, then looked at Nathan with the same expression that was plastered on his face. “What?”

“What did you get out of that?”

“Out of what?”

Nathan laughed sourly, “Out of getting Max to get all lovey dovey with you? You trying to get him to turn against us or something?”

“I wouldn’t have to try hard to do that, he already hates his life.”

“You don’t know anything about him.”

“Neither do you!”

“We’ve been friends for years, and you’ve known him for what, a couple days? I think I know more there princess.”

“You wanna use pet names, douche bag?”

Nathan rolled his eyes. “You don’t need to know anything about him, or us. You don’t know anything now, so stop thinking you do.”

“I never said tha-”

“But you’re acting like it!” Nathan’s voice started to rise, and it startled Chandler, but made her more angry also. Nathan got to his feet, out of stress, anger. “Here you are fucking with his feelings! You’re the only girl we’ve ever conversed with for more than a couple of hours, we always have to keep moving and not have any relationships because girls are stupid-”

“Not all of us are stupid.”

“Just shut up!” Chandler scowled, getting up and standing in front of his face. 

“Don’t tell me to shut up you criminal!”

“We’re not criminals!”

“Oh, so what are you? The modern day Robin Hoods who don’t like to share?”

Nathan pulled at his hair, letting out a growl. “We’re not criminals.” Chandler hummed.

“So, why do your families hate you? You wanna enlighten me Nathan?” Nathan’s teeth were gritting together, fists clenched, mind going a mile a minute.

“Don’t talk about my family. You know nothing about my family. You know nothing about me or Max, or Seev, or Jay or Tom. You know nothing!” By the time he got to the end of his outburst, he was yelling. Chandler stood her ground, watching as he become undone with anger. It seemed like he was keeping it bottled for a long time, and was just now letting it all out. “You just need to shut up, and be a damsel in distress!”

Chandler scoffed. “I’m never a damsel in distress.” And then she hit him. For a girl, she had good power behind her punches. Nathan was hit square in the jaw. He staggered a bit, then rubbed his jaw with his hands. Looking at Chandler, his eyes were darkened, sore jaw clenched, rage all the way up. Nathan stood up straight, and stalked towards Chandler. The little voice in the back of Chandler’s head saying she shouldn’t have down that. But the skilled Chandler who could put up a fight, filled her brain and the one thing it kept saying was, ‘defend yourself’.

Backing up, Chandler’s eyes dashed all over the room, figuring out which would be best to defend herself with. Nathan charged at her, and that’s when her hand connected with something smooth, heavy and rectangular. And in a second it was connected with Nathan’s head. As he dropped to the floor, Chandler looked at the gold bar in her hand, and shrugged. “Better than paper cutting him to death.” She dropped the bar, and looked at Nathan. She poked him. “You dead?” Nathan let out an unconscious breath. “Just knocked out. That’s good.”