~~~~~~~~        

Dean was sitting on the hospital bed.

I was sitting on the window seat.

Sam sat down in a chair.

Garth was still getting sick in the bathroom, coughing.

I looked at Sam, breaking the silence between us. "Anything on Gadreel?"

"Actually, uh, yeah," Sam answered. "Turns out he, uh, he left some grace in me before he bolted."

"You know how wrong that sounds, right?" Dean asked.

"Wouldn't worry about it," Sam told us. "Cas took care of it."

Dean chuckled. "Hmm."

"What?" Sam asked.

"Nothing," Dean told him. "We're gone for two weeks, and you're like an episode of 'Teen Mom'."

I could still hear Garth getting sick and coughing. "Just breathe, Garth. Work it out."

Sam noticed the mark. "Ness, what happened to your arm?"

I pulled up my sleeve to show him the mark. "Oh. It's a... gift from Cain."

"Like... the wrestler?" Sam asked.

I chuckled. "Uh, no. The, uh... As in Cain and Abel." We could hear the toilet flushing. "He got all Biblical and gave me his mark."

"What does it even mean?" Sam asked. "How--how did that happen?"

"Crowley led us to him, and he gave me this so that I could 86 Abaddon once and for all," I answered.

"You two worked a job with Crowley?" Sam asked.

I nodded. "The devil you know..." I realized there were no sounds coming from the bathroom. "Garth?"

"What?" Dean asked. I stood, running into the bathroom. Garth was nowhere to be found. The window was wide open. Dean stood behind me, looking over my shoulder. "Son of a bitch."

      ~~~~~~~~        

Outside, we walked down the way, looking around for any sign of Garth.

"Why would Garth run from us?" Dean asked.

"Why haven't we heard from him for the last six months?" Sam asked. "Did you test him?"

"He was unconscious," I told them. "No, I.. He steal a car?"

Dean noticed a pair of boxers on the ground. "Did he... steal a car naked?"

I turned around, seeing security cameras on the roof. "I'll see what I can find on those cameras. Why don't you two go talk to farmer Brown, see about that cow?"

Sam and Dean weren't happy with this, giving me a look.

I raised my eyebrows slightly, silently telling them I didn't care.

"Yeah," Sam agreed.

I walked toward the hospital.

      ~~~~~~~~        

I walked out of the hospital with several papers and photos in my hands.

Dean walked toward me.

"Hey," I told him. "Where's Sam?"

Dean didn't answer. "So, the cow wasn't just killed." I gave him a look. "It was eviscerated. I just can't figure out why Garth was there."