My Brother's Keeper

Start from the beginning

He sighed as he finished putting on his jacket and turned to look at his worried sister. "Fine, I'll tell her when I see her. See you at the Lockwoods' then?"

"Alright." she smiled and patted his arm before walking out and getting ready for whatever was going to happen that most likely was going to be filled with drama because it's Mystic Falls.

▹▹▹

The Lockwood Mansion

Natalie was sometimes annoyed with her friends/sister, mostly because of them dragging her to do things she didn't want to do, like helping a girl she didn't know choose her dress for the Miss Mystic Court. There were times like these she envied the year younger Natalie who had the opportunity to skip and shoot trees (and almost Stefan, but she was not to be blamed as they weren't really best friends back then).

April Young was holding two dresses in front of her, a blue and pretty dress and a red and slightly risque dress. Caroline and Elena had clear opinions on the matter as Natalie couldn't give less of a crap but just knew that she had to choose one too. "Blue."

April frowned looking at the tree with questioning look, not really convinced yet. "Really? The blue seems a little safe."

"Safe is good when it comes to the judges." Elena tried to convince her, and a small smile graced her face as she remembered her entering in the pageant, wearing a blue dress, dancing with Damon. They were all good memories until Stefan tried to eat someone.

Caroline hummed in agreement, scrunching up her nose as she recalled one of the times she had gladly joined her mother in watching the pageant and they all got  a good laugh. "She's right. Gracie Lockwood had a three-foot slit her year and practically got laughed off the court."

"She got my vote." the familiar voice that you could always just hear smirking spoke up as he stood at the edge of the door, definitely having listened to every word of their conversation because he was still Damon Salvatore.

Natalie frowned as he was being a little weird by walking into the girls' changing room without even thinking about it (judging by the nonchalant look on his face). She grabbed the first object she could reach (which might have been a blue hairbrush, she wasn't sure) and threw it at him. "Get out, creep!"

Damon closed his eyes as the hairbrush hit him in the face, but seeing as he was a vampire, he barely felt it hit him. So he decided to be sarcastic, of course. "Ouch. Where's Professor Shane?"

"Try the judges' table!" Natalie called out as falsely sweet as she could because he was really being weird and creepy by just walking in when there could be plenty of naked underage girls in there. Caroline walked forth and gave Damon a sarcastic smile before trying to slam the door in his face, but he simply stopped it.

He pushed the door open with his hand as he looked at April, who was still holding up the two dresses, even if the girls had agreed on one already, which Damon clearly disagreed with. "Red one, definitely."

Caroline sent him a short glare as she crossed her arms over her chest in annoyance as he seemed to try to ruin everything she was all for at the moment, including Stefan and Elena's relationship and her control over the pageant. "We've already agreed that the red one is a little bit too showy."

Damon just shrugged it off, being Damon and being a big fan of showy dresses. "It's a pageant. That's the whole point."

The blonde vampire simply gave him a look that was basically telling him to shut the hell up as she placed her hands on her hips, showing that she meant business. "Did you win Miss Mystic last year? No. I don't think you did."