Masquerade

CHAPTER 21: MASQUERADE

The Gilbert House

After the doctors confirmed that Jenna was going to make a full recovery, Natalie, Elena, Jeremy and Matt were given the responsibility to get the strawberry blonde.

"Easy." Matt said, softly as he helped her, before looking over at Jeremy. "Grab the door Jer."

Jeremy opened the door for his aunt carefully as Matt and Elena basically carried her through.

"Hey, stop fussing, I'm fine." Jenna complained.

Elena frowned disapprovingly at her. "The doctors said that you have to take it easy."

"Yeah, I mean, the last thing we want is for you to rip your stitches hemorrhage and die." Natalie shrugged as she made the couch ready for Jenna.

"Yeah, the only thing I'm gonna die from is embarrassment." Jenna sighed. "I walked into a knife. How does somebody do that?"

Natalie, Elena and Jeremy exchanged looks, knowing that keeping the supernatural part of the reason for her wound away from Jenna. "It was a freak accident." Elena lied.

"It happens." Jeremy supported his sister's statement.

"Yeah, I mean I've done it like twenty times at the Grill." Matt tried to to cheer her up.

And it worked, as Jenna started to laugh, only to wince in pain and yelp at the pain that came along.

"Okay, I'm being nice." Matt admitted.

"Careful." Jeremy said as Elena and Matt were carrying Jenna onto the couch.

"Easy, easy." Natalie agreed.

And then Jenna was lying comfortably on the couch. As Natalie begged the others to pick up some food, Matt was holding up a bag of food.

"What should I do with this?" he asked Elena.

"I got it." she smiled at her ex-boyfriend before taking the bag and heading out to the Kitchen.

And Natalie followed, of course.

"What are we going to do?" Natalie asked her sister as the two looked down in the bag.

"Make lunch." Elena responded simply.

Natalie narrowed her eyes at the other brunette annoyedly. "You know what I'm talking about."

"We're not gonna do anything, Natalie." Elena responded as she started preparing the lunch.

Natalie slapped Elena's arm, glaring at her heatedly. "As if it wasn't enough that she kidnapped and tortured me, she also hurt Jenna. We can't let her get away with this."

Elena took a deep breath as she heard Natalie's words, but decided to continue her approach. "Yes we can. If it keeps us safe then we can."

"And if she tries anything else?" Natalie raised en eyebrow at her.

"She won't. Katherine hurt you andJenna because I didn't do what she said. I'm not doing it now, me and Stefan are over. She wins, the end." Elena explained sternly.

Natalie swallowed the lump in her throat, pushing down the feeling she had that wanted her to tell Elena that breaking up with Stefan was right. But she was a good person, and she wasn't about to do that to her own sister. "You are being naïve and you know it."

▹▹▹

The Salvatore Boarding House

Whilst Alaric had gotten a text telling him to go to the Gilbert house and keep Elena occupied, Natalie, Bonnie and Jeremy had gotten texts from Stefan, Damon and Caroline asking them to come over.