O Come, All Ye Faithful

CHAPTER 67: O COME, ALL YE FAITHFUL

The Mikaelson Mansion

There were times when Natalie actually wondered whether or not Stefan was suffering from paranoia. He knew Elena was sired to Damon, he knew that the search for the cure had gotten so much more important because of this, but he didn't know if Klaus was lying to them or not. Somehow he had gotten the idea that the original hybrid had been lying to them about having found the sword the deciphers the tattoo that Natalie had the unfortunate pleasure of being able to see. So, Stefan had sent the reincarnation because other than a very busy Caroline, she was the only one that might get an answer out of him.

But she was a little confused when he wasn't just standing around and yelling for hybrids to pick up his laundry or whatever evil people usually do. He was painting a huge snowflake. "You're painting a snowflake, you do know that right?"

He hummed in agreement, having seen what he was painting, but he turned around as he was surprised that she found his work that literal. "I prefer to think of it as an expression of postmodernism. It's my donation to the Winter Wonderland charity event."

She was about to let out some witty retort when a hybrid that Natalie easily recognized as Adrian, the one who had told Kimberly to slow down on the Caroline torture, walked through the door, as sired as ever. "You said it was urgent."

"Yes, take this to the Mystic Grill immediately." the hybrid gestured towards his expression of postmodernism that he had just finished right before he came.

"You want me to be a delivery guy?" Adrian frowned, having thought that something urgent would be more... exciting. Natalie however tilted her head with a small grimace in realization as this was the closest thing to picking up laundry his hybrids seemed to be doing today.

"What I want is for you to do whatever I say. Without the attitude," Klaus walked closer to his minion, leaving less space between them than before and sent him a more threatening look. Adrian nodded, knowing that he should always listen to Klaus and walked over and picked up the painting and started leaving the room. But not before the original voiced his deepest and darkest worries. "And be careful with that. It's still wet."

Natalie rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest and let out a witty remark as she once did on a daily basis. "I don't know if you've heard or not, but there was this guy, his name was Abraham Lincoln, and he happened to have freed the slaves, but you don't know anything about that, do you?"

"What is the point of my hybrids being sired to me if I can't maximize on the benefits of free labour?" he smirked before turning around to met her gaze once again, wondering what she was actually doing there. "What are you doing here?"

"Stefan sent me because he still somehow believes that I can get any answers from you. Basically, as you probably know, Elena's sired to Damon, which makes the cure even more important and blah blah blah. And everyone is working hard while you're here making postmodern snowflakes." she shrugged, allowing him to shake his head in amusement.

"I've delivered," he reminded her, grabbing a cloth so he could wipe the paint off his hands, not being up for walking around with dry paint on his hands all day. "I retrieved the Hunter's sword from Italy which we'll use to decipher the map hidden in the Hunter's mark. You and your friends are the ones who is supposed to deliver the Hunter and his mark."

Natalie walked closer to the hybrid, sighing as he seemed to have forgotten who the hunter actually was. "You see, Jeremy's the hunter and we happen to actually care about him, so before he can go around slaughtering every most likely homicidal, undead person he sees, we have to find a way to keep him from killing people he actually cares about."