The Sun Also Rises

CHAPTER 35: THE SUN ALSO RISES

Unknown

Once Natalie finally regained consciousness, her eyesight was incredibly blurry. The first thing she noticed was someone staring down at her, a smirk on his face.

"Hey there, sleeping beauty." he smirked at her.

Natalie would lie if she said he wasn't at least slightly good-looking. But she didn't really care about that right now as he was probably the person who smashed her head against the wall, and threw her in his trunk. She didn't really know where she was either. She just noticed that it was a really plain room. The only furniture was the couch she was placed on and a chair that the good-looking guy was sitting on.

"Where am I?" she glared at him.

"Did you really think I was going to answer that?" he smirked in a way that reminded Natalie way too much of Damon.

Natalie sat up and shrugged. "Worth a shot."

The man smirked once again, pushing his chair closer to hers as he leaned closer in menacingly. "I want you to listen closely. You're not getting out of here. Klaus wants you here, so you're gonna stay here, okay? In case you think that you can just bash my head against the wall and then you've won, think again. Because I'm a vampire. Older then your little friends, and even if Klaus doesn't want me to kill you, I can still hurt you really, really bad."

Natalie snorted. Before she started full-blown laughing, as if the thought of being able to hurt her was ridiculous. Then she got a straight face. "Oh, you were serious."

"Very serious. Seeing as you have no weapons and you happen to be 100% human." he said, looking at her annoyedly.

"And you really think that's gonna stop me?" Natalie raised an eyebrow at him.

"No reason to think otherwise." he smirked.

Natalie sighed before she slowly moved her hand behind her back so he couldn't sense the movement, seeing as he was too busy glaring at her. And she glared back as she tried to keep his attention with the action before her hand finally found what it was searching for under her shirt, being relieved that her captor didn't check for weapons there. And quicker then he would have ever noticed, she stabbed with the vervain-laced knife, changing their positions so that she threw him on the couch as she stood above him. "You didn't see that one coming."

She then grabbed the chair the vampire was previously sitting on, then she smashed it into a wall. As the chair was no longer a chair, and mostly just wooden stick all over the room, Natalie grabbed the longest one before shoving it into the vampire's chest. After a few seconds in which the wooden stick found his heart his body turned grey as veins started sticking out. "You were saying?"

Natalie wasn't always a very optimistic person, but right now, she had to be. She had to get to the witches' house as she seemed to remember Stefan and Elijah mentioning that it was there they were going to plan their next move towards the person that she supposedly knew 1000 years before her birth. She had to make sure that her sister was going to live, preferably without becoming a vampire, which was something the doppelganger definitely didn't want. So, she tried to push down the feeling that there was more to come. That was an uncharacteristic, dumb thing to do.

Because as soon as she opened the door, there were vampires there. Somewhere between ten and fifteen of them. All of them hissed at her with their faces vamped out. Natalie quickly acted and shut the door, having no plan whatsoever of what she was going to do, and no real weapon that she was guaranteed was going to work against so many. Oh, what she'd do to have her chain whip with her like when she killed those werewolves.