Ordinary People

CHAPTER 44: ORDINARY PEOPLE

Old Lockwood Cellar

As Natalie was busy the day before with her ghosty adventures with Caroline and Bonnie, Elena went out to find a way to help Stefan, and he was currently locked up in the old Forbes cellar after his old friend, Lexi was there when the ghosts were out. Damon, however, got to have a little adventure with Mason Lockwood as it was revealed that he was, in fact, the ghost that was haunting him. So, Mason lured him into the old Lockwood cellar to find a weapon that could kill Klaus, but he wasn't able to get through, as it seemed as if it was a vampire barrier. So he got Alaric to check it out, but they were going back to look at it more closely and bring Natalie and Elena with them.

  "So, the Lockwoods really have no idea that these tunnels are underneath their property?" Elena asked, finding it ridiculous that that they wouldn't have noticed it after all these years of them owning the property.

Alaric shrugged with a small nod in agreement before looking at where Natalie was shining her flashlight. "Careful where you shine that thing. Bats hate the light."

"Wait, what?" Elena asked with wide eyes, not having known that there were bats down there. Natalie, however, just rolled her eyes and adjusted where she shone the light.

And at that moment, Elena didn't realize that someone was sneaking up behind her in a way to scare her. "Elena..." the brunette turned around as she heard the sound, only to be surprised when she saw a face there. "Boo!"

"Ah! God, Damon!" the doppelganger gasped in surprise.

"Scaredy-cat!" the vampire teased the brunette with a smirk, happy to get some normalcy in their relationship again after all the Stefan drama going on.

Alaric wasn't very happy with seeing Damon, even though they kind of made up after Damon killing him, he wasn't completely ready to forgive him. "Just ignore him. That's what I do."

Elena ignored Alaric's everlasting hostility for the 171 year old vampire and rather turned to the vampire himself to confirm what Alaric has told her. "So, you really can't get in?"

"No. Seems even the ancient Lockwoods were anti-vampire." he responded.

Natalie hadn't gotten too much information on what they were there for, so she was the only one who could ask the question that followed. "What do you mean by ancient?"

Damon gestured towards the cave they were there to see. "See for yourself." They only took a few more steps before Natalie noticed Damon standing completely still, not being able to move forwards even if he wanted to. "Well, this is as far as I get to go."

Alaric, Elena and Natalie were all human, so they would be able to walk into the cave itself, and once they were finally there, whatever was in there was so incredible. Weird, but incredible. There were drawings carved into the stone wall, they all seemed to have meaning to them, but Natalie didn't know what they meant. The carvings seemed familiar, and she felt as if she should know what they meant, but she just couldn't push her brain far enough so that she could find the corners in her brain that may have been able to decipher the meaning.

"What is all this?" Elena asked, her eyes wandering over the white lines on the stone.

"Well, as far as I can tell, it's a story. In simple, archaeological terms, it's a really, really old story," Alaric told her before pointing to one of the carvings. "That right there, is the moon cycle," he moved his finger to point to another carving. "A man, a wolf."

"A werewolf." Elena shortened the sentence.

"Yeah, it's the "Lockwood Diaries: Pictionary-Style." Damon joked in a typical Damon-ish fashion.