Chapter 63: Kiss Me Even If You Shouldn't

Start from the beginning

And Jake.

This, all of it is the boy I fell in love with, the boy who was impossibly damaged even back then but at the same time impossibly good.

He'd always told me that he didn't deserve me and I had always blindly believed him like an idiot always choosing to see the worst in him because I was so damn scared of how he made me feel.

And now he was gone.

Shut up Clara, A voice in my head says that sounds dangerously close to Rebecca, Just read the damn book and stop whining.

I'm going to be perfectly honest I was tempted to record the whole scene and release to the press before anything else.

I would have too, had I not thought about my mother at that point. Although her relationship with the bastard had never quite been good she still loved him and chose to turn a blind eye to all his faults. Some of it she obviously did for me because asking for the divorce meant that I was stuck with him alone.

But she did love him, I don't know how but she managed to love him and somehow managed to love even me. Although I would love to see his reputation fall to ruin it wasn't worth what it would do to my mother.

And of course because of the one particular Wilson it might effect.

So the press thing was out but my mother still deserved to know the truth so that she could finally understand that even I wasn't worth staying with him.

I quickly step out of view, opening the door had been soundless enough and they had been pretty busy to notice I was fairly confident neither had seen me.

I wasn't going to shut it though. That much should be left to their imagination.

I made my way down the stairs quickly and it would have probably taken me three steps more to reach my mother and tell her the truth.

But instead I stopped.

I often wonder if I hadn't seen her at that moment how things would be different.

Clara was siting on the floor her back against the sofa watching something on TV .She wasn't paying attention to it though even though she was desperately trying to. Her sister sat on a sofa across her raising her eyebrow and saying something I can't quite hear.

Clara's hand instinctively goes to her red hair in response to whatever her sister was saying and a flash of hurt passes across her face.

But it's quick to disappear like it's always been with her, all you got was a micro-second to see what she felt before she locked it up inside her so that no one could see what she felt.

And no matter how many times I saw it, it still managed to take me by surprise. This girl may not look it but she was one of the strongest people I knew and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how she did it.

Every time I saw it I had to stop to figure out how, I had to figure out why. Because there was something about her that was absolutely unforgettable and no matter how much I tried.

If it hadn't been her there, if it had been anybody else then I wouldn't have stopped.

If it hadn't been her things would have turned out differently.

For starters I wouldn't have turned her sister's hair green.

But if that day I hadn't seen Clara I would have probably gone to my mother and I would have told her the truth.