Chapter 4

Today was the day... I have to go to my send off then go to the palace.

I put on leggings and a white sweater. Since it was fairly cold I also put on a red scarf. I put bow earrings in my ears. I put some sunglasses and brown boots on. Finally, I put my province flower, a daisy, in my hair.

"Oh Holland, you look so beautiful!" Katie said. While Luke just nodded.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." My mother embraces me.

"Ready to go kiddo?" My father asks. I nodded and we went to the town square.

•••

When we got to the town square the mayor said a few words.

"Lady Holland, is there anything you would like to say?"

"Actually I'm just so excited and nervous and I hope I can do Kent well."

The whole crowd erupted. I honestly didn't want to go. But I mean, if I am making my entire province happy... I guess I should.

"Good luck Holland." Luke said and gave me a quick hug.

"Thanks Luke." I said and smiled.

"Im so proud of you Holland. Live it up. Show them who you are." My father said with tears in eyes eyes.

"Father, don't cry, you will make me cry." I said softly. He nodded and  made way.

"Honey, do us proud."

"Mother, you must understand, I'm just there until His highness kicks me out." My mother laughed quietly and hugged me.

"You got this sis. I believe in you so so much." Katie spoke

"Thanks Katie!" I said while hugging her

"Win for me okay?"

"In your dreams."

"Come with me Lady Holland, to the plane."

---

I looked around the airport, lost until I found a girl. She had golden blonde hair with brown streaks at the roots that shimmered in the sunlight. She also has misty green eyes. She was fairly tall, wearing skinny jeans, a green sweater, and a cape. I recognized her immediately as Grace Wulffraat.

"Hi! I like your cape?"

"Oh thanks. My family bought for me... They are really weird."

We laughed together. "Your name is Grace right?"

"Yes! and yours?"

"Holland!"

"Awesome! Well we have two more people coming before we take off-"

Just then a girl with dirty blonde hair and green-blue eyes came in. She was short and was wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

"Hi everyone! I'm Emily Reames! What's your names!" she laughed. Her smile was contagious.

"Grace"

"Holland."

"It's so nice to meet you guys!" She exclaimed.

"You too!" I said, trying to match her excitement.

"Guys I'm gonna go read my book, cool?" Grace asked. Emily and I nodded.

Our last passenger finally arrived. She had jet black hair and purple eyes. I immediately recognized her as Bethany Evans.

"Why are we waiting? No escort? Ugh!" She said. Boy was she vicious.

Grace looked up from her book. "Well maybe we are waiting cause you took so long."

"Shots fired." Emily mumbled.

She rolled her eyes and we all started walking to the plane.

Is this really what I signed up for?

---

The plane ride was very boring and not very eventful. Right now we were on a car ride to the palace.

"It's so beautiful- the scenery I mean." Emily said.

"Agreed." I replied

"Look at all the signs! I bet they are all cheering for me! Oh of course they are." Bethany smirked.

"Cheering for you to leave." Grace said.

"OHHHHHHHHHHH!" Emily said.

We all started laughing but Bethany mumbled, "I can't wait till you guys leave."

"Guys look!" Emily said.

I looked up and I couldn't believe what I saw.

The Palace.