chapter 8

• Dedicated to Ellie: congrats with Mathew!

It's been an hour and we are still in the first store. My wardrobe is fine, but she just won't listen. Also, she is rich. Like rich, rich so she's buying everything despite my halfhearted protests. Right now I'm in the dressing room trying on tight shirts and short dresses. I groaned as another dress flew into the stall and I heard her laugh, "Last one, I promise."

I rose my hands above my head in an exaggerated manner, "Thank God!" I looked at the dress. This one is different, It wasn't too short, it was mid-thigh length, but it was semi-tight and showed a decent amount of cleavage. The color was black and overall, it was sexy, not slutty.

After the next three stores, I put on the cream for my arm. I felt the tingly sensation and smiled.

"What's that?" I jumped at the voice. It was Karson.

"My best friend Tim tried to cook this morning and it blew up." I explained. She looked down at my arm, "Ouch."

"Yeah, was that the last store? I'm tired. And hungry."

"Nope! One more, then we can go to the food court. We walked around and I gave her a disbelieving look when I saw the store, "Victoria's Secret??"

Karson grinned, "Yep! You need to feel beautiful; inside and out."

"There is no way in hell im going in." I jutted my chin out stubbornly and stomped my foot.

"Come on, dont be so childish."

"No. I can be childish as long as I want"

"Fine I'll get some for me, you can wait out here." She said defeated.

"Okay!" I grinned.

As I waited, three guys came up and whistled at the person behind me. I glared at them, you don't need to ruin my innocent mind. They left in serrender and I grinned in triumph. Moments later, Karson came back with five bags. "Damn girl! Why so many?"

She looked at me innocently, "Well, only two of them are mine..."

What."But if only two are for you, who-" Then it dawned on me, "Ohhh. Well I wont take them."

"But then I would have wasted 600 dollars..." She gave me the puppy dog eyes.

"Argh! Fine! But can we leave yet?" We had three shopping carts full of bags, so we didn't have to carry them, and it would be really hard to try and push another.

"No, we still have to go and get your hair done."

We haeded over to the salon and was greeted by an old french woman, with black hair and bright lipstick. "Hello girls, my name is Sabrina, how can I help you?"

Karson spoke for me, "Jay here needs a new hair style. I was thinking layers or highlights"

Sabrina looked thoughtful as she twirled my hair in her finger. "I think we can do both. Lighter brown highlights would be best. Sit down."

She shampooed and conditioned my hair, blow dried it highlighted it and then cut it into layers. I was shocked at the result. My hair looked beautiful. "Wow."

"Yeah, wow." Karson was just as shocked as me.

"Well, thanks so much Sabrina."

"No problem sweetie, come back again."

We headed towards the food court. Karson got stares and whistles everywhere she went and I rolled my eyes. My hair might look better, but I'll never look like her. I sighed sadly and went to Mickey D's. While I got two double cheeseburgers and a large fry, Karson got a chicken wrap and an apple. I wrinkled my nose at the healthiness of it. After we headed towards my car and I drove to her house. We were going to go to the beach, but she didn't buy a bathing suit, where as I did. We walked into her house and towards her room. As we passed the living room, I saw Will and Jake screaming at the T.V. Karson and I rolled our eyes. "Boys will be boys." I muttered under my breath. Karson called out their names, but they didn't listen. I sighed, "Will! Jake!" I yelled over them. I have always had a loud voice when I needed to. Their heads turned quickly over to us and they gaped at my hair. I blushed. Karson's voice snapped their attention back, " Aye! Jay and I are going to the beach and-"

"I'm going too." They replied in sync, then glared at eachother.

"Fine. Be ready in ten." They ran upstairs. Karson shook her head with a knowing smile," You are so wearing a bikini."

Ten minutes later I was in a yellow strapless cover up to mach my yellow bikini. Karson wore a pink one and the boys haven't came down yet. Karson was asking questions about me, "So, how close are you and Tom?"

"Tim. We are inseperable. We tell eachother everything," Then I remember him refusing to tell me the name of the girl he liked, "Well almost everything." I said, letting some of my frustation into my voice.

"Hmm... Have you ever had a boyfriend?"

"Nope. Not once." I said.

She gave me a quizzical look, "Why not?"

"I, er, well you see..." I am afraid they will be murdered too "Erm, I've just... had a lot on my mind. I never... had time for one."

"Sure..." Karson said disbelievingly. "Well, do you want one?"

I laughed humorlessly, "It doesn't matter what I want. It never has."

If she only knew how true those words really are...

_________________________________________________________

Uploaded two days in a row! Is there an award for that? Probably not, oh well. Please comment and vote!!