Episode 54 - Part 3

Start from the beginning

The two stopped meditating and stared at each other for a second, then both nodded. They really couldn't afford hesitating. They'd do what it'd take to finish their mission.

"We're ready." - Aerrow said.

"Then let's begin: let yourselves relax and find the link between you two." - she instructed them - "To unlock the bridge of the mind, you have to eliminate any distractions and focus on sharing your thoughts without speaking or looking at each other. You have to open the doors to your minds and create a bridge between them. You have to fully allow the other to read your mind and learn what you know. To lend your eyes, so the other can see with them."

As the old woman spoke, the two meditated. After a few minutes, they could hear each other's thoughts, the way they were focusing on the task. They could see themselves in another dimension, touching a blue stream of light that led to one another. At that moment, they started to share their thoughts. It was then that Aerrow learned something from Piper: Cyclonis had invaded her mind to try to discourage her before the battle against Cyclonia.

'So that's what had happened!' - his projection said while looking at Piper's with a worried expression - 'Why didn't you tell me?'

'You already had too much to worry about. I didn't wanna be a burden. Besides, she didn't do anything to me.' - she told him.

'Why do I think it was her fault you started getting sick from using the Binding?' - he crossed his arms.

'Aerrow, it doesn't matter right now.' - she looked away.

'It matters, Piper.' - he said solemnly - 'You almost died because we had no idea of what was going on! If I had known that power could do that, I'd...'

'But you did know!' - she interrupted him - 'I had told you I felt something dark with that power. I told you I was scared about mastering it! And you didn't say a word!'

At that, he blinked surprised and quite taken aback. Suddenly, the stream of light between them faded and their minds returned to their bodies. As Aerrow opened his eyes to look at a sad Piper, he spoke:

"Piper, I..." - he reached out a hand for her.

"Stop, right now." - the witchdoctor interrupted him, drawing their attention - "You can't pass the trial if you don't trust each other. You have issues to solve before you're truly ready. We'll have to try this another time. You're not prepared." - she said as she got up and left.

The crystal mage also stood up and started making her way out, when the sky knight called her.

"So you don't trust me anymore?" - he said with an upset tone as he got up.

"I do... It's just..." - she trailed off, she didn't really know how to say that she had lost some of her trust in him after he ignored her warning when she told him something so deep like that - "Things have changed."

He knew what she meant by that.

"How can I earn it back, then?" - he was nearly pleading.

"I don't know..." - she looked away from him - "This trust we need for this ritual... I think it's beyond what we can do right now." - she then walked away, leaving a saddened Aerrow alone in the temple.

~~~

Henny and Khoj were inside a big hut. The Chief walked to what seemed to be a kind of round wooden table, made of a chopped tree trunk and gestured over it, making some holograms appear.

"I know we don't look like we're that advanced, but in fact we are. Since each village is independent, I'll have to call a meeting." - he told the Warmyan girl, as the image of another old man appeared on the hologram - "Chief Qwan, here's Khoj speaking, we need to make a reunion with all the other Chiefs to discuss some important matters."