Chapter 13 - Mother.

Goal: 50 votes, 25k reads on the book, 1k reads on the chapter.

Recap: Scarlets Dad went away on a business trip leaving Scarlet at Hunters house alone for 4 months. Scarlet overheard Hunter talking to his father, she figured out that Hunter chose her as his 'special', which is a family tradition to choose a girl and fall for each other (Works in most cases, not in Joshua's.) She also found out that Hunter and his dad knew everything about her mother.

---------

The anger towards Hunter faltered once the memories started coming back. I ran to my room jumping on the bed, my face against the pillow while I was screaming as loud as possible into it. All the emotions building up made me go insane.

For Two years I refused to even think about that woman and now my brain filled with images of her, the way she was looking at me with so much hatred, that just made me want to burry myself in my pillows.

A knock on the door is echoing through the room. "Scar? Are you okay?" Joshua's voice asks behind the doors.

Scar.

That's all I was.

I breath in and out trying to steady my voice. "Yeah." I pause. Breath in, breath out. " I'll skip breakfast, I have some womanly problems." That should get him and Hunter of my back for while.

"Okay, I'll inform Hunter." He calls back, then I hear his footsteps walking away from the door.

Breath in, breath out.

'She is gone' I tell myself over and over again.

She might be gone, but the memories are not.

----

----2002- Scarlet is 4 years old----

Daddy went to work leaving me and Xavier with our mother. He always does that even though I tell him not to. Mother doesn't like me very much, she always says its my fault, but never says what I did.

She doesn't like Xavier very much either, but for some reason she screams at me more then him. Xavier tries to protect me but there is not much you can do when mother is having another one of her scream fits. Sometimes I wonder who is the mother and who are the children.

I really love daddy, but he is protecting mother, even when she says she wishes I never existed. I cry and run to my room, but then he comes to me and tells me "Give her some time. She loves you, I promise." I always try to give him a smile and then he would leave my room.

But daddy is gone, he will be back only next week.

I walk up the stairs heading straight to my room, but sounds of glass breaking from my parents bedroom stopped me. Daddy says I can't go there when he is not home, but what is mother is hurt?

As quickly as I can I run to the door and reach up to the handle. I'm a bit too short for my age, my daddy would say. But he said one day I will become a beautiful woman just like Mother. I slowly open the door and step inside.

I see mother standing in front of a full length mirror that has a cracks everywhere so that Mothers blazing pair of eyes looks like there is hundred of eyes. And they are all staring down to her stomach,that's a bit too full and has a lot of white marks, I can see that because she is wearing a bra. Her fists are hard and have red on them. Blood.