Chapter 27- Only him.

I hope you guys enjoy! Let me know what you think! Comment as much as you can- That's what gives me motivation! 

                                                                          ---

I was staring down at Nicole in shock. I just punched someone.

"What the hell Scarlet!" She was just as surprised as me. We both know I've been in fights before, that I have caused people pain before, Hunter is one of them, but never did it cross my mind that my hands are capable of hurting someone I care about.

"Honestly.." I trail off looking into her eyes. "You kind of deserve it." Alright, maybe she doesn't deserve it. The words she was saying were not targeted to make me snap, she was simply being herself, but thinking before speaking would be a good idea.

Her shock only doubles at my lack of remorse. "Are you high?" She asked sitting on the ground looking up at me, speechless, trying to figure out how to deal with the fact that her friend just jabbed her and left her on the ground with a welt developing on her cheek.

"No. Are you?" I roll my eyes at her. I'm a violent person. I get it. Even though right now I seem pretty okay with my actions, my emotions will catch up to me pretty quickly and if we won't get back to camp so I can hide away in the Cabin, I have a feeling I will do much worse than just punch her in the face.

At least the punch released some pent-up energy and snapped me out of my daze. Maybe now I can actually focus on finding our way back more properly. I hold my hand out for her to help her up but she just slaps it away and bitterly stands up on her own causing me to frown. Punching her might have been a little over the top but in that exact moment, I don't think I could have stopped myself.

I bit my lip thinking of how I can help her and speak up, "Maybe we can put some ice on th-"

"We are in the middle of nowhere." She interrupts me.

Right. We really need to find the camp soon. Besides me being in a very unstable situation, now I caused Nicole to be pissy with me and she needs something to help her with her face. "Okay, no ice. Maybe a cold cloth or something, a doctor should look at you-"

"Scarlet. We are in the middle of nowhere." Nicole snaps, each word coming out more aggressive than the one before.

"Now who's a little hoe," I mumble under my breath.

"Look," she sighs and walks ahead of me. "Let's just find them. If you don't want to talk, you should have said so before assaulting me. I expect an explanation to the punch later though. "

Without replying I just keep walking, letting her lead the way.

Now that we are not talking, I can look around and appreciate the nature around us. The tall White Spruce trees were placed in a way that allowed us to walk comfortably even without a gravel road. If there was only one path maybe we could have just walked back, but we went in too deep and finding the exact way that we walked through would be impossible.

The air is getting colder as time passes and I snuggle into my jacket more. The downside to Canada's weather is that one second it's 15 degrees and the next it's -5 and no matter how much I love the specific scent of cold weather and pine trees, it won't save me from hypothermia.

I don't know what was worse- Nichols talking or me being left alone to face my anger, irritation and now, guilt. I clench my fists in the silence trying to stay grounded because I know that if I'll snap again, I might not be that easy to bring back. I can't help but wonder how far my emotions will make me go someday.