Rest In Peace, Daniel (A/N)

((I'm not writing any of this to ruin anybody's day or to make anyone sad. I only wished to pass along some very important information. If you are easily triggered, please be careful while reading.))

Hey everyone. I know I haven't written an author's note in a while. But I needed to inform those who may not know already.

For those who may not have already seen a post on Facebook or Twitter, it deeply saddens me to say that Cyndago - the YouTube group that often works with Mark - will no longer be making videos. This decision came after Daniel (pictured above - on the right) attempted to take his life on September 16th. He was taken to the hospital, but he had suffered severe brain damage and nothing could be done to help him. He was taken off of life support two days later. (His death is the reason for Mark taking time off from making videos.)

Daniel's death came suddenly. I do not doubt that we will always hold his memory in our hearts. His story, as well as Ryan and Matt's, is deeply woven into Mark's and many of our own. It is a tragedy, but from this we can emerge as better people. I did not know Cyndago's channel well, and I did not know much about Daniel. But that's the thing about death: just like a birth, just like someone's graduation, death affects people and - in a painful, twisted way - brings us together.

Please, if you are stuck in the throes of depression, if you ever consider taking your own life, talk to someone. Please allow your voice to be heard. Your life is worth so much more than you know. Whatever is hurting you, no matter how hard it gets, please please please do not give up on yourself. Because you matter. You have so much potential and so much talent, even if you don't know it yet. You have the ability to make your life extraordinary.

I know that some people will think I'm talking like a shrink and they won't listen and they'll keep on believing that they don't matter and their life is hopeless. And there's nothing I can do to change that - that's what hurts me. Because there is always hope, there is always a reason to keep moving forward. But no matter how much I preach it, and stand on a soapbox and scream until I'm hoarse, there will always be someone who doesn't believe me. Please, please believe me.

Daniel has left us, but he leaves behind the memory of a life lived in the company of friends, doing something that he loved. We may never understand why he ended his life when he seemed so happy. But that's the tragic side of life. And it's something we all have to come to accept. Does it suck? Hell yeah it does. It hurts, and it can make you angry and confused. But there comes a time when there's nothing else you can do but allow yourself to mourn. That time is now.

But, although it hurts, the pain will eventually subside. It will never go away, but as time goes on we will move past this sharp pain and it will become a dull ache in our hearts. May our thoughts and prayers go out to Daniel's wife and family, and to Ryan and Matt and Mark.

I didn't write this to ruin your day. I just want to remind you that if you're struggling, if you're going through a rough time, please speak up. There is a wonderful community here on Wattpad. If you want, message me and we can talk things out.

You don't have to suffer alone.
You don't have to keep it all in.
You aren't weak because you tell someone about your problems - in fact, that tells me that you are very, very strong.

Thank you very much for reading. I hope you have a truly wonderful day.

~ LilMissAnglerfish