My Fair Lady (pt.6)

Hey guys! I'm back! 

Miss me?

Probably.

Okay. 

This is weird. Sorry.

I guess you probably just want to read the story, huh? 

Yeah, that's what I figured.

Uh, quick warning: THIS WILL BE A LONG PART. NOT JUST LONG, LIKE...LOOOOOOONG.

So, bear with me. 

I hope you enjoy it! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A box?" Y/N frowned. "Of all things, you turned him into a box?"

Yami scowled at her. "I turned a human being into a tiny wooden box. That doesn't impress you?" Y/N shrugged. "Well, that hardly matters. It's not you I'm worried about. Daniel -- " The tall man straightened. "Take the box and the girl and follow me. I think it's time we met the new king." 

As Yami turned away, Danny began to untie the ropes scratching at Y/N's wrists and ankles. "Why do you work for him?" she whispered as they stood to follow the warlock. He steadied her as her legs wobbled. "He's nuts." 

Danny looked up at her with sad eyes. "I made a deal with him. If I don't do as he says..."

When he hesitated, Y/N couldn't help but feel bad for him. "What will he do?"

"He'll kill one of my friends." Danny half-dragged Y/N along, trying to keep up the appearance of the loyal goon. His voice was low. 

"I'm sorry." Y/N winced as her legs regained their strength. 

"It's alright," Danny said. "Soon this will all be over." 

Y/N could only hope that he was right.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In the light of early evening, the castle seemed to glow. The fading sunlight shimmered in the high glass windows. The coronation, rushed as it was, still drew the people of Youtopia in en mass. Y/N, Danny, and Yami reentered the village, through a small opening behind the blacksmith's shop. She could hear the distant roar of people talking, smelled meat roasting.  Closer to the castle gates, Yami ducked into the shadows. "Hand me the box," he said, and Danny handed it over. "So strange to think that I hold a man in my hands." He shot Y/N a pointed look. "I hope you don't mind being one of our pawns, dearie."

"I suppose I don't have a choice," Y/N scowled. "What do you plan to do, anyway? Sneak in and kill Thomas in front of everyone? Then what? Sounds like a crappy plan."

Yami flushed red. "Would you please keep your crude opinions to yourself?"

Y/N fell quiet.

"Honestly, Daniel, what has happened to youth these days?" Yami grumbled, and they pushed through the crowd that was steadily filling the square. When the group stood directly beneath the balcony, they stopped. Yami had his hood raised, hiding his face. Y/N stood between her captors, occasionally stealing a nervous glace at Mark -- er, Tiny Box Tim. She wondered if he still knew what was going on around him. Something stirred in her chest, but she ignored it.

High above their heads, the enormous glass doors opened and everyone's eyes fell on Thomas, standing tall in front of a row of older men with stony expressions. A hush fell over the gathering of villagers.

"Good evening." Thomas' voice was steady, but it was evident in his dark eyes that something was bothering him. "I address you all tonight, not simply as your future king, but also, as a friend. My father's death took something from Youtopia. He was a good and kind man, and a fair and passionate king. I hope that I will be able to take his place nobly, and continue ruling by his policies." A cheer arose around Y/N, and she allowed a small smile to graze her lips. She understood know why Mark had spoken so highly of his brother; Thomas was an able-bodied young man with the ambition and wisdom it took to rule. When the cheering died down, he offered his people a solemn smile. "The coronation will take place in just a few moments, and then we shall feast. Thank you all for your patience." Thomas turned back, nodded to the line of men behind him, and they began to walk back inside.