Chapter 33

Remy stood at the head of the group again while Luc and Sierra returned.

"What about... Senka and Devon next?" he suggested with a calculating glance at Devon. The colour drained from the tomcats face while Senka stood confidently and strode over to the starting line. She clearly had no intention of being the mouse. Sierra handed Devon the tail belt and gave him a reassuring pet on the shoulder before she went to sit and catch her breath. He started strapping it on nervously as he made his way over to the starting line.

What no one knew was that Senka was more than a little upset at being paired with Devon. She had chosen to be the pursuer because she didn't want his hands getting anywhere near her backside. Besides, she was done letting male cats chase her - metaphorically or otherwise. She'd watched everyone during the practise with the notion that the session might be building to an activity such as this, so she was already well aware of his strengths and weaknesses. She was also well aware that she'd not yet fully exposed her own skills. There was just no way that Devon was going to keep that stupid appendage...

Not that stupid appendage! Get your mind out the gutter, woman!!

Surprised by her brains unexpected betrayal, she didn't immediately notice when the whistle sounded and Devon raced off ahead of her. She watched his choice of path and smiled to herself: he was so predictable. She preferred to think across levels, as Adele had.

She started off on the lowest level behind Devon, then hitched a ride to the next one with the use of a window box and a flag pole. Devon saw what she was up to and changed up his tactics, making his way over to the next level too. Senka grinned and dove right across to a first story platform on the next level, rolling smoothly on impact before darting up the staircase inside to find herself on top of the third level. Senka had always liked heights. They made her feel powerful. Given another day in that facility to practise her new skills, she'd have been all over the fifth level. For now, though, level three had to do. She leapt over the gap between two platforms as she came parallel to her quarry, her heart quickening eagerly with the familiar thrill of the chase. Her inner cat was searing through her veins, willing her to let it take over. There was a metal rail just up ahead that was rather conveniently jammed between the wall she was on and the next one over. Senka knew instinctively that if she dived for it, she'd be able to grip it in order to swing up and launch herself at the top edge of the lower wall, thereby putting herself on the same level as Devon. Unfortunately he darted down a ramp leading to the alley below her as she prepared to make the leap. She felt her feline reflexes kick in instinctively in response as she prepared to twist her body in the uncanny way that only a cat can.

"Senka!"

Kal's shout pinged through the recesses of her mind, swiftly reminding her where she was and who was watching.

Oh shit!

She uncoiled the tension in her body, shut her eyes and gritted her teeth as she forcefully stopped her body from reacting the way it needed to in order to save her. She managed to half-grasp the pole with one hand as she slipped past it, causing her body to swing out to the side and collide heavily with the wooden wall. The impact dislodged her hand and she went hurtling to the ground, where she happened to land right on top of Devon. He'd turned midstride to glance back worriedly on hearing her impact.

Both of them were a little dazed initially, but Devon came to his senses quicker. His heart stopped beating when he realised that Senka was lying on top of him. Her weight felt just right to him and the warmth of her body radiated through their clothing. One hand was resting deliciously on her rear and he couldn't quite stop them from tensing just a little to explore it. The fingers of his other hand had instinctively found the small of her back, his palm nestled nicely in the sharp angle created by her tiny little waist. Her breasts were pressing heavily on his chest, giving him a tantalising feel. He was in heaven!