"Seriously? You expect me to have mercy on you when you left me hanging like that the other night? No way missy!"

It wasn't half as bad as you just made it sound!

Almost everyone's eyes widened with interest at that little snippet of information. Sierra's skin turned bright scarlet.

"So when I got to picturing you in those shorts," Jason continued ruthlessly, "I got to thinking how I'd like to grab that cute little butt of yours in my hands and lift you up, pulling you hard against by body and just savouring the heat between us while I slowly let my lips find yours."

Alyssa closed her magazine and left the room, apparently completely unaware of what had everyone else so captivated. Sierra swallowed hard and closed her eyes.

"Jason..." she started to protest, but her throat seemed to strangle itself before she could complete her objection.

"Then I was thinking how I'd like to trail my fingers, slowly, up and down your thighs over and over again, letting my lips work at your neck until your heart starts pounding so loud between my ears that I can barely focus anymore."

The tone of his voice was getting deeper and deeper, lowering Sierra's resistance despite her unfortunate circumstances. It was easier to listen with everyone visually blocked out by her eyelids. She tugged at her bottom lip with her teeth in suspense.

"Once you're all warmed up, I thought I might lay you back on my bed and start kissing your stomach, starting at the top and working ever so slowly downwards until I get to unbutton those shorts - and see what that pink thing was that you were wearing underneath really looked like..."

Her eyes jerked back open. She was pretty sure that damned cricket had found its way back into the castle. Everyone was looking at her in shocked silence - even Devon! The worst of it was that somewhere between the extreme embarrassment and her still very raw feelings for Jason, she was pretty sure that her body was responding to his coaxing. She was almost too afraid to move or speak, so she didn't do either.

Devon seemed to snap out of his trance and catch her eyes - and she latched onto his bright green ones in the vain hope that he'd prove to somehow anchor her through the turbulent waters of emotion that she was experiencing.

'Pink thing?' he mouthed with decidedly devilish interest.

So much for that life raft...

Sierra could have screamed with exasperation. She grabbed a little brass ornament from the table near her and hurled it at Devon forcefully, letting out a little yelp when the motion caught her new injury unexpectedly. Devon darted out the way effortlessly and it embedded itself in the couch instead of his stomach.

"Sierra?"

She could hear that Jason's voice was full of concern. She swallowed hard as she favoured her side, her inner turmoil raging like a mighty river after heavy rains. The twinge was another reminder that she really needed another painkiller - soon. She wished they also made ones to dull social pain.

"Yeah Jason, I'm here," she replied. Her throat felt like she'd just eaten gravel.

"Are you okay? That wasn't exactly what I was expecting to hear - I mean, I was kinda aiming for a different sort of sound... eventually..."

"I'm fine. I injured myself a little in training today and I just caught it unexpectedly," she replied without thinking.

He was quiet a while and she cursed herself mentally. She knew he would be contemplating what that seemingly innocent statement meant.