Chapter 19

Beep Beep Beep...

"C'mon find a pulse! Find it!" The Doctor shouted.

Here I was. In the hospital once again. I'm so tired of being here and I hear the doctors working on me but, its like I'm not here mentally even though I was there physically.

*

I opened my eyes to see T-boz by my bedside with a drained look on her face.

"Hey your up". She said as be smiled half-heartedly.

"Yeah..what happened?" I asked looking over at her. As I looked down my arms I saw cuts and bruises on my arms. "T, what's going on.. Why all these cuts on me".

She sighed. "Liyah, you were in a car accident. You also have minor cuts on your face to but--".

I looked at her with a confused look. "What you mean a--"

I instantly stopped because and closed my eyes and when I did that it seemed as though all of those memories came crushing back. My car being flipped over, me trying to breath, and everything just went black.

Before I opened my mouth to respond back to T-boz the doctor walked in. "Hello, Ms.Haughton how you feeling"?

"I'm doing a little bit better. Am I okay? Is the baby okay"?

The doctor walked over to me and nodded his head.  "Ms Haughton I can reassure you that the accident you were in was very severe. It's a miracle that you only have a slight headaches and a few cuts and bruises. Now what we're going to do is give you some meds for your headache and then you'll be able to leave in a few mins. I must advise you that when we discharge you and when you make it home... I want you to stay on the bed so your wounds can fully heal. We usually don't let our patients leave we usually keep them for another 24 hrs". The Doctor said.

"Well I feel all kinds of special". I said lowly. I laid back and felt down to my stomache to only feel nothing. My stomache was just flat.
"Umm Doc, what happened to my baby"?

He face instantly dropped and he looked over at T-boz who just put her head in her hands. "Well, Ms Haughton the wreck you were in was severely bad. Let's just say we couldn't save the both of you".

"I shook my head in disbelief. " No Doc, stop playing where's my baby". I refused to believe and take in the words the doctor just previously said to me.

We couldn't save the both of you. Was the words I was not expecting to here.

"Your baby didn't make it. It seemed as though you were on the verge of suffering a miscarriage because when we ran test it showed you were stressed and, that car accident just triggered the whole thing. I'm sorry ...I'm very sorry. I'll go get your discharge papers and you'll be on your way. Then he walked out the door.

I just sat there.. In shock...my baby hell my first born,will never get to see the light of day. I looked over at T-boz with tears flowing heavily down my cheeks. "T, please ...pl-ee-aasse tell me this not true. Please".

She had tears coming down her face as well. "I wish I could sis. She walked over and hugged me.

"T, I can't believe this shit. WHY!WHY DID GOD HAVE TO TAKE MY FUCKING BABY AWAY T WHY! WHY CAN'T I EVER BE HAPPY!MY BABY WAS THE ONLY THING THAT GAVE ME A LITTLE HAPPINESS!